MINECRAFT VERSION: 1.12.1
Discussion is better at the Minecraft Forums
LOOKING FOR AN OLDER VERSION OF THE MAP?
All previous versions of the Test Map from 1.7.4 and up are available by click on Other Downloads located as a tab link directly above this description.
This is my Minecraft Test Map. It was specifically designed to showcase Resource Packs but has many features for Map Makers to use for their own projects. Feel free to download and use this for your own purpose. You may record or stream this map, but please credit me in your video description so your viewers know where to get the map and who created it. For more info, please view the youtube video.
View the imgur album
1.12.1 MAP FEATURES
- Entire map is separated into dedicated rooms based on theme
- Every item clearly labelled for ease of viewing in odd resource packs
- All regular blocks, including Glazed Terracotta, Shulker Boxes, Frosted Ice
- All functional blocks such as coloured beds, cake, doors, ladder, etc
- All main biomes for grass, tree, vine appearance
- Area for common Structures such as End City, Ocean Monument, Woodland Mansion
- Time switching for sun, moon and star gazing
- Weather switching with rain and snow viewing areas
- Full particle effect displays including dripping water and lava, explosions, smoke, llama spit, totem, etc.
- Effect Testing Lab, experiment on mobs with multiple effects
- Status Effect Testing toggleable with Negative and Positive effects
- All particles displayed using Area Effect Clouds
- Dedicated section for viewing GUIs like backgrounds of chests, crafting table, hopper, etc.
- All plants, trees, huge mushrooms displayed with a greenhouse area including crop growth forms
- Water and Lava in various forms, moving, falling, stationary
- Nether, End Portals, and End Gateways
- All passive and hostile mobs easily viewable at close range, including Villager Parrots and Illagers
- Easily viewable weapon and tool display for all materials
- Inventory entities in Shulker Boxes clearly labelled
- Viewable armour on Armor Stands and Equipping Stations for the 5 armour types
- 100% complete Art Gallery, includes every painting in the game
- Separated redstone room with redstone related blocks, as well as command blocks and minecarts
- Full playsound section, every sound effect and song in Minecraft
The 1.12.X version of this map is NOT compatible with 1.10. You should use 1.12.X but 1.11 may also work. For the best experience, run this in the Minecraft version is is made for.