Follow @LithosTextures to be notified of updates to Lithos:Core or related Minecraft texture packs.
- Completely replaces all Default Textures
- Familiar default-style appearance, but with attractive Detail
- Consistent, easy to use GUI
- Easy to read Font
- Better Grass & Leaves
- Ender Storage
- Iron Chests
Goals of the Lithos Texture Pack:
Obviousness, Consistency, Beauty
- Everything should be instantly recognisable to those familiar with default textures.
- Construction blocks should be very similar in color & brightness to default blocks, so color-schemes work the same way in default & Lithos.
- Each texture should be as appealing as possible, while the whole pack has a consistent style.
Why Another "Faithful" Pack?
Vattic has done a great thing, especially in providing a standard and creating, organizing, and collecting so much content for mods. But to my taste, the Faithful pack is too literal — it replicates some of the less attractive and inconsistent aspects of the default textures, and while it adds more pixels doesn't add more detail.. I haven't found a texture pack that fills the niche I'm aiming for, at least according to my ideals of "appealing."
Is it Really "Faithful"?
Mostly, I'd say. I have and do intend to make certain slight deviations from vanilla designs for blocks, subject to my three goals above. For instance, glass is streak-less, because the streaks are ugly. Various plants that aren't used in construction are more natural, and realistic. Small mushrooms are much bigger, because i don't like the number in the inventory totally covering the icon.
Used with Generous Permission in this Pack:
by Dack105: item icons from Stock32:
beef_cooked, beef_raw, blaze_powder, cake, chicken_cooked, chicken_raw, comparator, compass, cookie, fireworks, nether_wart, porkchop_cooked, porkchop_raw, potato_baked, potato_poisonous, potato, pumpkin_pie, reeds, repeater, saddle
- HD Art Pack, (Default Paintings Scaled Up) by ghost2
*by sevenfour: water from Ornate5
- Everything else © 2013 by J. W. Bjerk. All rights reserved
- For personal use only — i.e. no redistribution. Modify for your own use if you like.
- YouTube use is encouraged, as long as you give credit and link back to this thread.
- Derivative use is allowed for making Lithos-style textures for mods, not for new texture packs of vanilla blocks. Again, as long as you give credit and link back to this thread.
- The above apply to use of part of Lithos as much as the entire pack.