Check out my new Android game if interested!
Unlike many other minimap mods, Xaero's minimap keeps the aesthetic of vanilla Minecraft which might even make you forget that it was a mod in the first place. It's also the first rotating square minimap for Minecraft. There is a toggle to make it lock north and not rotate. There are 2 mod editions, full and fair-play (designed for multiplayer). You can place waypoints. The minimap also displays entities, such as players, mobs and items.
You are allowed to make videos using this mod. Using it in your modpacks is ALLOWED as long as a link to one of my mod pages is provided and you do not profit from it (Curse modpacks are OK though).
- Aesthetic and look of vanilla Minecraft.
- Runs smoother than most minimap mods.
- 2 mod editions: full and fair-play. Full version does not have any limits. Fair-play version does not display any entities or cave maps which is more suitable for public PVP servers.
- 2 colour modes: Vanilla, which uses the colours of vanilla Minecraft maps and Accurate, which uses the colours of block textures.
- Terrain texture customization.
- Compatible with Xaero's World Map and can use the chunks loaded by the world map instead of it's own.
- Option to limit your Minimap usage by binding it to an item that you'll need to have in your hotbar in order for the minimap show up. For example, add minimapItemId:minecraft:compass anywhere in the config file to bind it to compass.
- Multiple languages.
- Ability to lock north.
- Works both above and under ground.
- Togglable chunk grid.
- Togglable slime chunks mode.
- Cave maps.
- Waypoints. Infinite amount. Can be teleported to (permission needed). Press B to create a new waypoint. Press U to list all the waypoints.
- In-game waypoints. Waypoints will also be visible in-game. Can be disabled.
- Deathpoints. An automatic waypoint is created on each death.
- Displays mobs on the map as yellow dots. Customizable in the settings. Hostile and friendly mobs can be coloured differently.
- Displays players on the map as white dots or player heads. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays items on the map as red dots. Customizable in the settings.
- Displays all the other entities such as arrows and item frames as purple dots (Different types of entities can be disabled in mod settings). Customizable in the settings.
- Zoom in and out keybinds (I and O).
- Coordinates under the minimap.
- Current biome under the minimap.
- Configurable settings. From minimap size to entity amount. Press Y ingame to open.
- Edit mode which lets you move the minimap whereever you desire.
- Compatible with the Better PVP Plugin for Bukkit servers.
You can support me on Patreon: