This mod, for Minecraft 1.8 with Forge, will cause specified chunks to be pre-generated by the normal generation routines. This is a very light-weight mod with a single command.
This is useful for when you want to improve performance (no delay for worldgen while playing), or if you have a slow structure generating add-on, or if you want to use an offline structure generator (such as MCDungeon).
- Runs in single-player mode only (because the server thread hangs during generation)
- Generate circle or rectangle as required
- Server thread HANGS while generation is taking place; see logs for progress messages as it runs
- Quicker than using other script-based offline generators as Minecraft is only started once
- Start world in single-player mode
- Switch to Creative mode
- Use /worldgen to set area to generate. Any of these will work, giving coordinates or radius in blocks -
- /worldgen [radius]
- /worldgen [x] [y] [radius]
- /worldgen [x1] [y1] [x2] [y2]
- Use /worldgen go to start generation.
- Wait. A 1000 block radius can take 20min to generate on a slow server.
If you use Bukkit, then you can do this using the WorldBorder plugin.