Unlimited Chisel Works is a Minecraft mod which adds procedurally generated Chisel variants for various blocks provided by other mods.
Here's an example of many of the blocks added by the 1.12 version! (The image is clickable.)
- Generates Chisel variants of blocks based on simple rules
- 100% unbalanced - adding new variants does not require effort
- Aether Legacy
- Applied Energistics 2
- Astral Sorcery
- Atum 2
- Better With Addons
- Binnie's Mods (Botany) - requires addon
- Binnie's Mods (Extra Trees)
- Biomes O' Plenty
- Dark Utilities
- Defiled Lands (Tenebra Planks)
- GregTech Community Edition
- Immersive Engineering
- Integrated Dynamics
- Minestrappolation 5
- Natural Pledge
- Nature's Aura
- Plants 2
- PrimalCore (1.11+)
- Prodigy Tech
- Silent's Gems (1.12+)
- Terra - Biomes & Stuff
- TerraFirmaCraft 2 - requires addon
- Underground Biomes
- Due to the hacky nature of the 1.10/1.11 ports, it is required to ensure that the mod is loaded as late as possible for it to detect all available blocks.
- Using LiteLoader on Minecraft 1.10.2 breaks UCW textures. As the problem is not present on Minecraft 1.11.2, which uses an identical way of acquiring textures, I suspect it is a LiteLoader bug.
- Q: Can I add support for Unlimited Chisel Works in my own mod?
- A: Yes! See assets/unlimitedchiselworks/ucwdefs for the format, and bundle similar files as assets/[modid]/ucwdefs. (However, if you want your mod to stay up-to-date with the latest improvements, you might want to consider simply pull requesting the file.)
- Q: Are you planning a 1.7.10 version?
- A: Unfortunately, no. The mod's magic relies in no small part on functionality introduced in Minecraft 1.8 and above, and a 1.7.10 version would be much more difficult to create while retaining compatibility with Chisel and other mods as well as it is done now.
- Q: I'm running out of block IDs and I can't run the mod!
- A: Use the unlimitedchiselworks.cfg config file to disable the blocks you don't need Chisel variants for. The block IDs scale up very quickly, so be careful!
- Q: I can't see any blocks!
- A: By default, the only blocks this mod adds require the presence of both Chisel and the original block-providing mod.