You can find a Fabric version of this mod here: Dual Riders
Have you ever wished to be able to ride a horse while your friend is sitting behind to back you up in battles? No??
Well, here is the mod anyway!
This mod is a simple little experiment i did for fun. All it does is allowing two players to mount the same horse together.
Features of the mod
- When a player is riding on a horse, a second passenger can now join the ride by right clicking on the same horse
- Only the player sitting in front has control over the horse movement and is able to open the horse inventory
- The player sitting behind can freely turn around and open the player inventory, this may prove very handy in battles
- The player sitting behind is not able to interact with the horse movement, this means you cannot inadvertently stop the horse by hitting the jump key
- When the first passenger dismounts (or gets killed or...well, you got it) control of the horse is automatically switched to the second passenger
- The first passenger now looks transparent from the second passenger point of view (only when in first person view). This also works with boats! There is a config option to enable/disable this
Notice: for very obvious reasons this mod is mostly enjoyable only when playing with other people ;-) This mod is also required on the client.
If you have mod ideas you would like to see implemented, port requests or old mods that you wish were revived feel free to send me a pm, i will evaluate your request if it catches my interest!