ZenCoder has been independently working on this mod, and I have it on good authority that he knows what he's doing and has done a better job. Use his version and not mine.
Below is my original project description. You can download this mod if you like, but there are better options out there.
I'm certain you know what Treecapitator is.
Just in case you don't, it turns this:
at the drop of a hat. Or rather, the chop of a block!
This project aims to port a satisfactorily-functioning version of Treecapitator to modern Minecraft releases.
Treecapitator was created by DaftPVF and continued from 1.4.7 through 1.8 by bspkrs. The entire function of the mod is to drop entire trees by breaking only one base block. Whether or not this trick can be done with non-axe equipment or in creative mode, or whether it auto-shears leaves, or requires extra durability, or takes more time, can all be set in the configs.
bspkr's github, where I got all of the code, can be found here.
Now on to the
¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° DISCLAIMER °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
I tried to port the mod as faithfully as I could, but since I am not a good coder, there is stuff you should be aware of:
- The "Treecapitating"enchantment has been disabled, since enchantments are internally handled very differently in 1.8 and up and I can't figure it out. I doubt many people used this feature anyway.
- The bspkrs core has been bundled with this mod—therefore, this is technically two mods in one. I know this is bad practice, but I don't suspect it'll ever get updated, so there should be no conflict—but as a consequence, I have disabled update checking as it is worthless.
- The bspkrsCore.cfg and Treecapitator.cfg configs have been moved into their own "Treecapitator" folder for simplicity's sake. You can replace them with your 1.7/1.8 configs if you wish!
- Some Forge methods have been removed without replacement, so I had to comment out some code related to op commands and to client/server validation—but I have not experienced any issues with the latter, thankfully.
- I am the third generation of this mod's caretakers so I don't know all of its functionality. It seems to work for what I want/expect it to do, but I have not thoroughly tested everything.
- I think the ability to modify the configs while the game is running has been lost for 1.11 up due to more porting silliness—sorry.
- I do not have a github (yet). I apologize for any inconvenience.
Please check out the "original" thread by bspkrs if you'd like to learn more before downloading the mod. All of bspkr's terms and conditions apply here.
Now get to the choppah!