If the mod keeps freezing your game on world load, it may be because the website hosting my code repository is down. Try setting Version Checker to false.
This project is an update of the 1.7.10 ChocoCraft mod by clienthax.
Note: this is a bugfix/expansion specifically for the 1.7.10 version. The continuation for more modern versions (1.12) is ChocoCraft 3.
Here is the changelog, loosely in order of significance:
- Re-wrote config file system. Settings are now recorded in chococraftplus.cfg and older config files will be ignored.
- Renovated name generator—many new preset names are possible
- Wild chocobos no longer spawn with names
- Added "Random name" button to Chocobo GUI
- Added new chocobo sound effects
- Added fall damage sounds
- Added per-dimension spawning control
- Fixed Chocobo stats GUI centering
- Added new stats, including Stamina, Run, Sprint, Intelligence, Temperament, etc.
- Added eight new veggies and eight new nuts used to raise and breed chocobos. These can be eaten and used by the player in harvestcraft-oredict-compliant recipes
- Added Stablehand villager (Profession ID 19940402), which spawns in a village chocobo stable
- Changed seed and crop textures
- Gysahl Greens from previous versions have been changed to "Gysahl Garden" and are no longer usable as items. You can either craft these into three Gysahl Garden seeds, or plant and break them for a random veggie or nut.
- Wild and Cultivated Gysahl Gardens drop a random veggie or nut when broken
- Feeding Gysahl Garden veggies to chocobos increases their stats
- Loverly Gysahls from previous versions have been changed to Gysahl Seed Packets, which can be crafted into Gysahl Garden Seeds
- Garden seeds can be fed to chickens, just like wheat seeds
- Golden/Red/Pink Gysahls from previous versions have been changed to Nut Packets. You can craft one into a Param Nut, two into a Carob Nut, or four into five Porov Beans.
- Chocobos can now sprint, but doing so drains their health
- Re-engineered chocobo breeding tree and ability assignments (e.g. red chocobos have high jump. There are no more "Nether" chocobos.)
- Completely re-wrote and expanded the Chocopedia to detail all of these changes
- The Chocopedia now saves the last page you were reading
- You can't mate a chocobo with its parents or siblings
- Chocobo following speed is now based on movement speed
- Chocobos following you will slow down when close, which should prevent the "run around you" bug.
- Removed surrounding open space check that prevented chicobos from growing up. They should now grow up when in pens--make sure they're not lodged in a very tight space!
- Fixed a bug where a chocobo would look above your head after you dismount
- Chocobo looking angle now caps at 45 degrees up and 30 down
- Removed Gysahl Cake and Gysahl Pickles
- Removed Chocobo disguise armors and Chocobo Whistle. They didn't do anything.
- Removed string interaction with chocobo
- The growup timer rolling over during the chicobo's death animation should no longer spawn an adult
- Changed Straw Bedding to use FF6 texture with 1.13 Wheat colors
- Corrected Yellow and Gold Chicobo colors
- Changed yellow chocobo eye color to better match logo
- Changed pink chocobo to be softer, redder pink
- Completely changed "purple" chocobo to be purple with gold highlights
- Changed spawn egg colors
"I'm updating from Version 4.1.5 from 1.7.10. What will change?"
- All chocobos now have randomized stats, as though they were spawned wild. All of them. There is a lot of variety in wild chocobo quality, so there's a good chance your chocobos are all extremely sub-par now. You may need to go out and catch new ones and start your breeding again.
- Red and Pink chocobos are no longer just variations on gold. They each have their own abilities, and are an integral part of the breeding tree
- The Nether no longer has its own dedicated chocobo. No chocobos are immune to fire.
- Gysahls and all mutations have been changed into Gysahl Garden bushes or seed/nut packs so that you can get some head start with the new feeding and breeding system.
- All Gysahl Pickles and Cakes are removed.
- Most item and block textures have been changed.
- The Chocopedia has been completely re-written, except for maybe a page or two. It is much longer now, so that it can outline all the nuances involved in the new feeding/breeding system.
Do you like Chocobos? As mounts? Companions? Beasts of burden? ....Food?
You're in luck! Chocobos can fulfill all of these niches!
Q: "But horses exist. Why would I continue to use horses?"
A: Because horses are easier to find, easier to tame, and much faster and easier to ride immediately after being tamed. And they usually have much higher health, and can be armored.
Q: "...So then, why would I care about chocobos?"
A: Because unlike horses, chocobos can improve! With enough time and care, many chocobos will far exceed the capabilities of any horse. And for caretakers who are especially invested, meticulous chocobo husbandry can unlock latent special abilities!
Q: "Wow, tell me more!"
A: Not a question, but okay!
Break any Gysahl Garden bush, found across the world:
It will drop any of a number of veggies, fruits, nuts, or beans:
Find a chocobo in the wild, and feed it! If done enough times, you will tame it (neckband) and it becomes yours!
Now you have a lot of options. You can fit the chocobo with a saddle and ride it (though it will not be cooperative AT ALL right away) and even give it saddle bags for portable storage! Or, for even more storage, you can give it pack bags and ask it to follow you (maybe):
...Or you can feed it to improve its stats!
That's right! All chocobos have stats such as running speed, max health, cooperation, etc.
You can view some of these stats by right-clicking a tamed chocobo with your Chocopedia:
How do you make a Chocopedia?
You can craft it:
But that's a bit expensive, especially early on. So instead, you could right-click a book and quill onto a chocobo:
Or if you're really hurting for resources, you can right-click a Chocobo Feather onto a bookshelf:
Great! So what's the Chocopedia good for?
Oh gosh. So much. SO so much.
You can use the Chocopedia GUI to rename your chocobo, either manually or with a randomly-generated name:
You can also command the chocobo to [Wander], [Stay], or [Follow] you... but it only obeys options that its Temperament allows. "Friendly" chocobos will obey any command. "Stolid" chocobos won't wander and will follow you at reduced speed, and "Stubborn" chocobos can only wander.
My chocobo is slow and jerks around a lot when riding...
Wild chocobo stats vary a lot. You may need to tame a number of them until you find one with satisfactory stats. Remember that you can feed them to increase those stats! Moreover, with careful breeding, you can make ever-better chocobos!
My Chocobo is hurt! How do I heal it?
You can feed it gysahl garden veggies to heal it, or you can put it in a chocobo pen, where it will automatically heal:
Any patch of straw bedding (made from two wheat) close to a water-filled cauldron will count as a pen, and the chocobo will gradually heal when it stands on the straw.
You mentioned breeding and special abilities...?
Absolutely! You use nuts and beans to breed chocobos. Typically, the offspring will have stats based on its parents and the nut you fed them.
Some nuts result in offspring with lower stats than their parents, so those nuts are better when breeding chocobos specifically for slaughter. Or you can eat the nuts/beans if you like.
If you mate two chocobos under the right circumstances (often with the right nut), you can get any of a number of colorized specialty chocobos, each with a special ability like Water Tread and Soft Fall:
Those are just the first steps! From there, you can unlock more breeds, including the Royal Chocobo or for the extremely resolute breeder—the legendary Gold Chocobo...
Wow! How do I obtain one of those many awesome chocobos?
Open your chocopedia and have a read! It'll tell you absolutely everything you need to know.
Whoa, that's a lot to read...
I did say it was absolutely everything you need to know—from taming chocobos, to obtaining gysahl gardens, to how every veggie and fruit and nut and bean affects breeding and stat growth. Don't worry—you can quickly skip through the stuff you already know, and the book saves your page! You can open it up right near the area you left off. This is especially useful when deciding what to feed your chocobo.
I just want to ride an ordinary chocobo, right now, without hassle.
I'll meet you partway.
Some villages contain a chocobo stable, attended by a stablehand:
The stable chocobo is especially fast, resilient, and obedient! Just slap on a saddle and you can ride this chocobo whenever and wherever you like!
However, the chocobo belongs to the stablehand, so you will not be able to increase its stats or breed it. If you want the powerful specialty chocobos, you'll have to work for them!
Amazing! So when is this coming out for 1.12?
I made this mod for myself, and I only play on 1.7.10. It's not because I don't think more recent Minecraft versions aren't good, but because many of my absolute favorite mods have not updated past that version.
In my opinion, the experience those mods provide alongside the effort I put into customizing, tweaking, and balancing them outweighs anything any modern version or mod can offer.
If you provide me 1.12 versions for every one of those mods, then I will consider porting CCP. Otherwise, please don't ask.