If you find any bugs, please report it on my GitHub. [As well as suggestions]
Thanks for over 500K downloads!
Alpha (Changed to beta so it's visible on first page) release for 1.15.2 available!
(There's only standard backpack on 1.15.2, also potions can't be put to tank yet)
1.16 Port IS planned, so stop asking
Traveler's Backpack Integrations released! Check it out!
Why should you choose Traveler's Backpack?
- Full inventory? No more!
At a time where there's a lot of mods and even more items, you'll need functional and capable backpack. Since the traveler's backpack can provide about 45 inventory slots and 2 fluid tanks, which each can store up to 4 buckets of fluid or even 16 bottles of potion (Now even more, since it's configurable!), this backpack becomes a really good option to consider.
- Chestplate or backpack? Why not both?
Traveler's backpack doesn't need any empty armor slot (or other slot) to be worn. But It doesn't mean you can wear infinite number of backpacks at the same time.
- The best gear for adventures!
What are the most important things you take with you, when you're going on an adventure? I guess it's a crafting table, bed and furnace. Now you have to take only furnace, because traveler's backpack can
provide rest of the things! You are able to use crafting inside of backpack's inventory or pull out the sleeping bag in any time you want!
- Customization that you have never seen!
Choose your style from 75 custom backpacks and if that weren't enough, some of them can provide special abilities!
Traveler's backpack inventory can be split into segments, which have other functions. I'll try to explain you what each element of inventory does.
Here you can see the inventory:
- Blue slots stand for base backpack inventory, where you can store your items.
- Green slots accept only tools and provide special inventory action - Tool cycle (?)
- Brown slots are mostly crafting grid and one of them is crafting result slot. These slots save items.
- Bucket slots accept all the fluid containers and potions. If a tank is suitable for fluid, container will move into the slot under and tank will get filled.
- Slots under bucket slots are just outputs of bucket slots. You can't put there any items.
You've probably noticed, that in gui is one more element, which I didn't explained before. There are 3 types of buttons. Each of them appears in proper conditions.
- Equip button is visible, when player holds backpack in a hand and doesn't wear any. If button is clicked, the backpack will be worn on the player.
- Unequip button appears, when player wear a backpack. To access this button you have to open inventory [default B]. If button is clicked, the backpack will be added to the player's inventory.
- Sleeping bag button is visible, when backpack is placed on the ground. If button is clicked and there's enough space, the sleeping bag eventually will be deployed. If sleeping bag is already deployed and player clicks the button, sleeping bag will be folded back to the backpack.
- Cycle tool
You can perform this action if you're holding a tool, wearing a backpack and tool slots aren't empty in backpack's inventory. At first start sneaking, then scroll up or down. It will replace your current tool with one from tool slot. Such a useful trick!
- Open inventory
If you wear a backpack, click B to open inventory. (Configurable in controls)
- Swap tank attached to hose
If you wear a backpack and hold hose, click N to swap tank which hose is attached to. (Configurable in controls)
- Change hose mode
If you hold hose, hold shift and scroll up or down to change active hose mode.
As you may know (or not know) some backpacks can provide special, mostly (not?) useful abilities. They appear while player's wearing backpack. (If you have cool ideas for abilities, feel free to report on GitHub.
Bat Backpack - Provides seeing in the dark! Batman Batman Batman
Cactus Backpack - Acts like real-life cacti, If it's raining and above backpack is clear sky, the backpack will fill empty tanks with water over time. If you want some more water, dip yourself! The backpack can fill with water while being a block too.
Chicken Backpack - Have you ever wanted to be a chicken? No? Well, now you are! You'll lay eggs!
Creeper Backpack - Sneak on another player to make them jump in confusion as they think one of those green monsters is behind him/her. You can do it every few minutes.
Dragon Backpack - Backpack for real warriors, combines Pigman's and Squid's backpack abilties, plus gives you strenght and regeneration! You'll be invincible!... but.. what did it cost?
Emerald Backpack - Gives some cool particles, nothing special.
Pig Backpack - You'll hate this sound, believe me!
Pigman Backpack - Provides fire resistance.
Rainbow Backpack - Now all people on the server will see you! Creates a trail of notes behind player, while sprinting. Also gives jump boost and speed - isn't it cool?
Slime Backpack - Has an incredibly useless "ability". Makes the player leave a slimy trail of particles whenever is running, and make that splishy splashy squishy sound on each step as well!
Squid Backpack - Grants water breathing effect while being in water.
Sunflower Backpack - Will feed you while you stay in the sun, slowly. At the very least you shouldn't starve.
Wolf Backpack - Checks around for any wolves that may lurk around. If any of them gets mad at you, it will promptly forget about the whole deal. Also if it's full moon, you'll gain werewolf strenght!
- Backpack tank
- Sleeping bag
- Hose nozzle
- Traveler's backpack
If you want extra integration with other mods and Traveler's Backpack, check out Traveler's Backpack Integrations!
You are allowed to use this mod in public/private modpacks. I do not allow anyone to repost mod on other sites without my permission.
Here is the list of people who provided translated to their language version of lang file. Thank you! :)
- Russian (ru_RU): kellixon
- Polish (pl_PL): Speedek77
- Dutch (nl_NL): VeyezX
- Chinese (zh_CN): zsn741656478
- Korean (ko_KR): yor42
- Spanish (es_ES): Krawl03
- Turkish (tr_TR): Emirhangg
- Italian (it_IT): Mattwenty
- French (fr_FR): VincentLongiug
- German (de_DE): pbflo
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW): kingdom84521
- Portuguese (pt_BR): WolWolffz