-- Alpha Warning and Dev Notes --
This mod is in alpha testing! It is NOT production ready, and is missing most of the planned features. This is your fair warning that the mod will be lacking in features and probably be a bit buggy. Use this in modpacks freely, albeit at your own risk.
-- Supported Minecraft Versions --
This mod WILL NOT SUPPORT VERSIONS OLDER THAN 1.16. I do not care if you think [old version] is the better version. Minecraft is updating, Forge is updating, and mods need to follow in their wake. If you ask for versions for 1.7.10, 1.8.9, 1.12.2, etc. you will be ignored. I hate to be so brash, but it's a necessary evil.
In contrast, I will do everything I can to support future versions. It's only fair that if I refuse to focus on old versions, I'll put my focus on future versions instead.
-- Update Methodology --
This is up in the air, but as far as things look now, I plan on mirroring Forge's LTS model. This is to say that I will constantly support the current Forge version and whatever Forge's LTS release is. At the moment, LTS is 1.18, and RB is 1.19.
-- When will work resume? --
Currently the mod is on hiatus as my job takes all of my attention. Did I tell you I'm rewriting the entire codebase of the game I develop? Yeah, big job!
Once that's done I'll return to this. I have no ETA anymore, I did before but it was flat out wrong. Sorry!
// Eti's Mod
Also known as "The Ori Mod", this is a mod intended to create a hybrid gameplay style between that of Minecraft and that of Ori.
// Why Eti's Mod if it's an Ori-related mod?
This is mostly because of Ori's lore - it's undefined (on purpose) and up for user interpretation. Since this mod plans to have a lot of features, that requires some lore explanation, and as such, it contains my personal interpretations of mechanics in the lore. Simple as that!
Eti's Mod will only be developed for Minecraft Forge. I have no plans to move to Fabric, especially considering the nature of the modifications this actually makes to the game. Sorry if you were one of the people that migrated.
In terms of behavior with other mods, I have taken every step imaginable to ensure that my mod is as compatible with other mods, including:
- The spirit armor model renderer is UV mapped to vanilla armor textures. By extension, this means that all modded armors (* that don't use a custom model) are compatible with Spirits!
- Spirits can hold items and have punching animations so that it at least looks mostly nice.
- The system used to modify the sounds played by spirits now uses @Inject mixin annotations, giving other sound mods the opportunity to properly affect Spirit sounds!
- Spirits are balanced for vanilla environmental interactions, oriented to playing recklessly with their motion rather than in combat scenarios. This should ideally scale to other mods, but just be warned that things are going to generally be harder as a Spirit. This is intentional.
// The Nitty-Gritty
// How do I use it? What are my abilities?
The mod is passive by default, intended to not interfere with those who elect to not use it. To become a Spirit Guardian, simply chat /help spirit. A GUI or other mechanic might be added later, I am not sure. You can configure the default state in your mod settings.
Once you have transformed into a spirit, a number of abilities present in Ori the Game will be made available to you. This includes:
- Wall Jump / Wall Grab. Hold shift to grab onto a wall, and while holding shift, tap space to jump up it.
- Increased Mobility. You are a spirit! Use this to your advantage! As a spirit, you will have perpetual Speed II and Jump Boost II (the equivalent, at least), as well as Triple Jump. You are also completely immune to fall damage. Spirits were designed to play recklessly and freely in mobility.
- Dashing. Get ready to spam L-CTRL, because you have Dash! Press Left CTRL (default) to dash forward. You have one free air dash, just as in the original game.
- Reduced Health. However, as a spirit, you aren't very tough. With half of the health of a standard player (10 health ❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️❤️️). Spirits were designed to play cautiously in combat.
- Spirit Size. Spirits are small. You can freely walk in 1x1 tunnels without a problem! None of that slow crawling garbage necessary.
// What about the features?
All of the abilities mentioned prior are included, as well as a full suite of custom sounds for interactions with the world! Best of all, it's got a unique player model. I spent six hours tearing my hair out over render code that overrides the player so you don't have to!
// What's planned?
- Toggling features. Patience. Options are kind of bleh in forge 1.16, so the 1.17 port will probably have this.
- Unique Mob Interactions. Spirits are creatures of nature! Perhaps they should have special interactions with certain mobs, like bees.
- Light-Tech. We're starting where the Gumon left off. Hooks to energy mods with some unique quirks that make Spirit Light a unique energy source!
- Decay. Yeah. That stuff too. Think Thaumcraft 4's Taint for a crude analogy.
Just more optimized in how it spreads. Not that TC was bad, just that I focused on it a bit more than normal.
// What's not planned?
- Bash. Sorry. This one just doesn't work in the kind of game that MC is.
// What are you working on right now?
- Light-Tech right now! It's complicated. It behaves a lot like RF, but I'm making damn well sure that this thing is optimized. By optimized I mean "you can have hundreds and hundreds of sources/sinks and conduits and it won't lag" optimized. It will have an adapter to RF as well, but otherwise it's a standalone energy unit.
// Rights & Modpack Usage
- Ori isn't mine. The mod is. It's fan content. All the copyright stuffs for Ori are accessible via https://orithegame.com/
- Use this whenever and however you please. Unlike the N word, you have full reign over how you want to use this mod, be it personal or public modpack. What, you think I made this mod just so I could manhandle it and say you can't use it? Pssh.
- Follow the license if you plan to republish this work anywhere. It's a thing of courtesy.