Thaumic Horizons is a Thaumcraft 4 addon aimed at creating new uses for familiar mechanics. You may attach arcane lenses to enhance your Goggles of Revealing, mix essentia with your own blood to create potion-like effects, or even discover a method of applying infusions to living creatures...
If the screenshots below don't whet your appetite, expand this spoiler for a full list of features.
- Arcane Lenses: Choose between night vision, the ability to see through one layer of blocks, viewing creatures through walls, or automatically scanning blocks under your crosshairs! They can easily be swapped onto your Goggles of Revealing or similar items.
- Wand Focus: Containment: Shrink creatures and store them in warded jars!
- Biological Alchemy: Grow crops in the blink of an eye, duplicate a slab of meat, or even transform chunks of defeated zombies into useful leather.
- Blood Alchemy: Mix essentia with your own blood to create potion-like injections. If splash potions are more your style, you can also create blast phials to shower foes in your enchanted blood. Or perhaps you'd like to deliver syringes from long range with the Injector, a thaumium crossbow.
- Curative Vat: A glass tank which uses small doses of essentia to rapidly heal you or your creatures. With further research it can also be used as a cloning device, or as the basis of the infusion vat...
- Creature Infusion: Transform common livestock into all-new beings like the Ore Boar and the Guardian Panther, or simply augment the abilities of (almost) any living thing with Quicksilver Limbs, Runic Hide, and more!
- Soul Sieve: Extract soul fragments from soulsand and feed them to a jarred brain for experience, or toss them into the Inspiratron for knowledge fragments. Once you discover the Soulforge, you'll even be able to reconstruct human souls and clone villagers.
- Self-Reincarnation: Stick a soul beacon atop your curative vat and you'll be whisked into a clone body upon your death - with no loss of experience or permadeath! You should also consider building a mirrored amulet to ensure that your inventory is spat out of a magic mirror in friendly territory.
- Wand Focus: Animation: Create temporary golems out of (almost) any block! They'll fight for you during their brief existence, or you can convert them to permanent golems by adding an animation core.
- Wand Focus: Illumination: As long as you've got the vis, you'll never need a torch again! Plus, dyeable orbs of light look a good deal more magical.
- Wand Focus: Liquefaction: Smelt blocks and items in the world, or even slowly transmute stone to lava.
- Alchemite: A magical explosive which shatters blocks into crystallized essentia. Don't let the blast hit a node!
- Wand Focus: Disintegration: Convert blocks and creatures into crystallized essentia.
- Node Monitor: Emits a redstone signal when any aspect in a node falls to 1 or below.
- Shard Transmutation: Convert a balanced shard to an ordinary shard of any aspect.
- Ethereal Shard: Capable of binding ethereal essence to itself, this floating crystal acts as a synthetic aura node when charged with centivis. But you'll need a lot of essence if you want high capacity!
- Vis Dynamo: Portable power for your vis network! This nifty device streams centivis out from your wand. With further research, you can also make it operate on essentia...
- Self-Infusion: Design the perfect body, then reincarnate into it for superhuman abilities like the Silverwood Heart, Spider Climb, and Warped Tumor!
This young ocelot is about to become a man through the power of thaumaturgy. (And by man, I mean freakish mage-beast)
Cactus and cake - not exactly traditional golemancy materials.
A collection of jarred specimens!
What is this infernal device, and what is doing to the souls of the dead?
I can't possibly see how mixing essentia with your own blood could go badly...
Thaumic Horizons was originally created by TheKentington. Of course, it wouldn't exist without Azanor and his delightful Thaumcraft mod.
This mod has been revived by the GregTech New Horizons team, with the official blessing of TheKentington.
As such, Thaumic Horizons is now licensed under the GNU Lesser Public License 3.0+