Unbelievable! This mod has reached 5 Million (!) downloads. Thanks to everyone who downloaded this mod!
Spartan Shields 2.0.0 Beta 1 is out now for Minecraft version 1.14.4!
- It contains the Vanilla and common modded material Shields in both Standard and Tower variants.
- Spikes Enchantment, Shield Bashing and applying Banners to Tower Shields return too!
- Shields related to specific mods are currently missing however, and will return when the mods update as appropriate.
What about the 1.13.2 version?
I'm currently unsure if it's worth making further updates for the 1.13.2 version of the mod, partially because Forge hasn't be updated for that version since May. If you believe that I should continue please leave a comment below!
Spartan Shields 1.5.0 is out now for Minecraft version 1.12.2!
- A new Shield Bash mechanic!
- Tower Shields which can have banners applied to them!
- Thaumcraft Shields!
- The Ender IO Dark Steel Riot Shield is back too!
- Compatibility fixes. Angel of Vengeance and Shield Parry should work with Spartan Shields now!
Special thanks to Ghost8909 for providing the texture for the Soulforged Steel Plated Shield!
Spartan Shields is a mod for Minecraft that adds a variety of new shields to the game.
- Crude Wooden Shield - Very early game with low durability; easily crafted in a emergency; Base of all other shields
- Stone Braced Shield - Early-Mid game with improved durability over the basic wood shield
- Iron Plated Shield - Mid game shield with better durability than vanilla's shield
- Gold Gilded Shield - Low-Durability shield with a higher chance of getting a better enchantment on it
- Diamond Reinforced Shield - Late game shield with a durability that seems to last forever
- Bulky Obsidian Shield - High Durability Shield that slows the player down when equipped
In addition the following shields will be available if a mod containing that material is installed:
- Silver - Hurts undead that come in contact with it.
- Signalum - Inflicts Weakness when hit.
- Lumium - Inflicts Glowing when hit.
- Enderium - Inflicts Slowness when hit.
- Darkstone, Abyssalnite, Coralium, Dreadium & Ethaxium from Abyssalcraft
- Soulforged Steel from Better With Mods
- Thaumium and Voidmetal from Thaumcraft. Voidmetal regenerates durability, which giving Warp to the player.
As well as shields that can be charged with RF and Forge Energy (But can't enchant them using an Enchanting Table):
- Dark Steel Riot Shield - from EnderIO (uses Micro Infinity)
- Infused Riot Shield - from RFTools
- Flux-Infused Shield - from Redstone Arsenal
Shields are also available in the Tower variety, which allow them to have Banners applied to them!
Most shields can be enchanted with a variety of enchantments, including Unbreaking, Knockback and even a new enchantment known as Spikes, which acts like the Thorns enchantment for shields. Other modded enchants work as well, such as Soulbound from Ender IO.
Requires Java 8!
Any Issues/Bugs/Balance Issues?
Let me know here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/spartan-shields/issues
Any language translations anyone can do would be greatly appreciated! Leave a comment below if you can provide one.
Here is the English verion of the Language file here for anyone wishing to provide translations (for version 1.5): https://drive.google.com/open?id=10lqxoaOpoDxwxf__ecGI6jp4z0GRn2Aj
Permission granted! No need to ask. If you have a interesting modpack including this in it, let me know! I would love to see it.
Plans for Future Versions:
- IC2 Shields
- Mekanism Shields
- Dragonbone Shield (from Ice and Fire)
Mod Showcase for Version 1.0 (By Alec Is Gray):