SimpleLogic Gates is a mod which adds redstone gates, inspired by the designs found in RedPower 2 and its spiritual successors, in particular RedLogic.
Currently, the following gates are provided:
- OR/NOR, AND/NAND, XOR/XNOR
- Pulse Former
- Buffer (0.5.0.194+), Inverted Buffer (effectively a NOT gate)
- Set-Reset Latch (0.5.0.194+)
- Randomizer (0.5.0.194+)
- Synchronizer (0.5.0.196+)
- Bundled Inverter (0.5.4.0+)
- Bundled Transceiver (0.5.4.0+)
- Comparator (0.5.4.8+)
- Timer (0.5.4.8+)
- Bundled Transposer (0.5.5.0+)
- Repeater (0.5.5.0+)
Additional functionality is also available:
- Shift-scrolling lets you switch between the gates you have in your inventory without opening the inventory menu!
- You can invert any input or output of a gate by putting or removing a redstone torch on it.
- As of 0.5.0.248a, it plays well with Redstone Paste!
- Works best with SimpleLogic Wires!
- Also works well with Redstone Paste.
- If you're doing complex circuits, you may find Charset Tools's Signal Meter and Stopwatch really handy!
Behaviour differences from typical implementations:
- Certain gates (such as the Multiplexer, Synchronizer and Pulse Former) cooperate with analog I/O.
- Randomizers will not generate random values continuously - you have to cycle them externally.
- Randomizers, upon receiving a weak redstone signal, will generate random analog values as opposed to digital ones.
- Set-Reset Latches are actually JK latches - the difference is that triggering both inputs at once will cause the value to toggle, instead of unpredictable behaviour.
- Some gates are missing - in no small part the Timer!
- The codebase is a bit rough. Needs work.
For those of you familiar with the 1.9/1.10 releases of Charset, the gates in this mod are a direct descendant of those.
This mod requires CharsetLib!
Also check out: