Realistic Torches is a lightweight mod that makes early gameplay more difficult by causing torches to burn out after a configurable amount of time. This encourages players to move toward more permanent light sources early on.
- Torches are now unlit after being crafted, and must be lit with a matchbox
- Torches will burn out after a configurable amount of time (60 minutes real time by default), encouraging players to seek out more permanent light sources
- Torches are extinguished when rained on
- Torches generated in vanilla structures will be replaced by unlit torches
- Permanently lit torches can be crafted using a glowstone crystal
- Naturally light-emitting blocks and items will emit light when held (pre-1.14.4)
- If you intend to use this mod in an existing world, backup your world first!
- Install Forge
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder
- Download the mod and place the jar file in .minecraft/mods
Unlit torch (coal or charcoal)
Lit torch (shapeless, matchbox takes damage)
Glowstone crystal (coal or charcoal)
Glowstone paste (shapeless)
Vanilla torch (glowstone crystal)
Vanilla torch (glowstone paste)
Yes, you can use this mod in your modpack.
If you enjoy the mod and would like to support the project, feel free to leave a donation on PayPal. Support is greatly appreciated!
This project is proudly sponsored by BisectHosting. If you're looking for a server, check out their hosting plans and use the promo code Chaos at checkout to get 25% off your first month!