Ore Tweaker is a super lightweight utility mod that allows you to customize and tweak the underground generation in Minecraft. The mod can be both installed on a server or a client.
I strongly recommend using World Stripper to debug and test your ore generation when using this mod
As of May 5, 2021 - Ore Tweaker 2.x.x is the only supported version of Ore Tweaker.
Ore Tweaker was rebuilt from the ground up to create a improved user experience, make the mod easier to use and support modern versions of Minecraft.
Due to changes to world generation after Minecraft 1.12 and a huge Forge rewrite I decided to start all over again and develop a sequel from scratch.
The new version of the mod has a ton of new features listed below and non of those features will be backported. The mod also now uses a JSON file to configure the world generation.
Example of how the OreTweaker.json can be configured:
- "ore" - The registry name of the block to generate. Can found by pressing F3 + H and hover over in inventory
- "filler" - What block to replace with the "ore", usually stone or nether rack
- "minY" - Minimum Y-Level ore can spawn above
- "maxY" - Maximum Y-Level ore can spawn below
- "maxVeinSize" - Maximum size of ore vein
- "spawnRate" - How many attempts at generating the ore per chunk
- "biomeBlacklist" - List of forbidden biome names where the ore cannot generate [Choose either blacklist or whitelist or none of them]
- "biomeWhitelist" - List of allowed biome names where the ore can generate [Prioritized above blacklist]
Lets break down this example of a OreTweaker.json:
The first entry in the "oreConfig" is "ore": "minecraft:coal_ore". The first line tells the mod to disable the generation of coal ores provided by Minecraft.
The next lines contain information telling the mod to generate a new coal ore with these properties. In this example its a coal ore generated in stone between Y level 64 and 128 in vein sizes up to 32 with 10 attempts to generate per chunk to almost guarantee that if it can generate it will generate. There is also set a restriction on the biomes where it can generate to only generate in swamps, jungle and plains.
Remember the whitelist is prioritized above the blacklist and you can't use both at the same time. Chose one of them or leave them both blank.
The next entry in the "oreConfig" is "ore": "minecraft:iron_ore". This only has one single line of data and will simply remove iron from being generated.
- 1.7 (Uses old system) [Unsupported]
- 1.8 (Uses old system) [Unsupported]
- 1.9 (Uses old system) [Unsupported]
- 1.10 (Uses old system) [Unsupported]
- 1.11 (Uses old system) [Unsupported]
- 1.12 (Uses old system) [Unsupported]
- 1.16 [Ore Tweaker 2.x.x] [Fully Supported]
Want to do a mod spotlight?
Just send me a link to it afterwards and I put it up here at the modpage!
You has my permission to use this mod in any private & publicly distributed modpack whatsoever.
The mod is being developed live at my twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/ewyboy
You can find me on twitter: