Have you ever thought that long-range wireless communication in OpenComputers is either too expensive or too overpowered?
Well here you got your solution!
This add-on for OpenComputers allows you to have line-of-sight, laser-based communication up to 4096 blocks.
Everything below applies to version 0.7.0 and newer!
ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)
DSP (Digital Signal Processor)
Semi Reflective Mirror
Discouragement Redirection Cube
A little bit of math:
Base ranges and energy usage:
- Laser Diode: 25RF/tick, 64 blocks base range
- CO2 Laser Tube: 50RF/tick, 128 blocks base range
- Nd:YAG Laser Tube: 100RF/tick, 256 blocks base range
- Base multiplier is 1
- Multipliers add up when multiple lenses are placed in the laser's path
- Maximum range is 4069 blocks (calculated as follows: (Shaped Diamond Lens multiplier + 1)*2 * Nd:YAG Laser Tube range)
- Glass Lens: adds 1 to the current multiplier
- Quartz Lens: adds 3 to the current multiplier
- Shaped Diamond Lens: adds 7 to the current multiplier
Discouragement Redirection Cubes decrease the maximum distance by 8.
All values can be adjusted in the config file!