This is a Minecraft mod meant to add a little more believability to your first few minutes of play. It was initially inspired by features from TerraFirmaCraft, but has since been refocused around the titular idea: Blocks don't drop anything if broken without the correct tool. In order to cope with this, there are several new features:
- Leaves can be harvested without a tool for sticks (this is a vanilla feature, but will be very important here.
- Gravel can be mined without a tool, and enables you to aquire flint.
- Flint can be knapped on an exposed stone surface, obtaining flint shards.
- A Flint Knife can now be crafted, allowing you to harvest plant materials for plant fibers and craft plant string.
- A Flint Axe can enable you to collect wood and build a crafting table.
- A Flint pickaxe, hoe and shovel will serve as early game tools, while you can create a Macuahutil for a good early game weapon.
Later on in the game, there are also a couple other additions and changes which fit the stylistic theme of this mod
- Vanilla recipes for wooden and stone tools have been removed.
- The vanilla campfire recipe as been removed, and instead it is crafted using a Fire Starter.
- Pottery can be created using a Clay Tool on a block of clay, forming it to shape before firing it in a campfire or a furnace.
- Knives are a new tool available in all vanilla tool materials, and can be used as weak swords, as a crafting tool, or a plant harvester.
- Saws are a weaker version of an axe which are used as crafting items, and are essential for converting wood into planks and planks into sticks.
- Mattocks are the ultimate all-in-one tool. They can mine blocks as if they were a shovel, axe, or hoe, and can strip wood like an axe, till grass like a hoe, and make paths like a shovel. (The latter two functions sometimes conflict and can be chosen by sneaking).
At the current time, this mod only is available for Minecraft Forge. Any parties interested in volunteering to do a Fabric port do contact me :)
This mod is available and being maintained for Minecraft 1.16.3. It is available for 1.15 and 1.12 as well but discontinued and not receiving any support.
Thanks to EERussianGuy for spontaneously updating ALL my rubbish programmer art to beautiful new textures!
Hope you enjoy