Nature's Compass is a utility item that allows you to search for a biome's location anywhere in the world and view information about it. It is the sister mod of Explorer's Compass, an item that can be used to locate structures.
- Right-clicking with Nature's Compass in hand will open the biome selection GUI, from which you can search for a biome or view information about it.
- Shift-right-clicking will reset the compass's state.
- When the compass is not pointing at a biome, it will point at the world spawn.
- The compass supports all registered biomes, both vanilla and modded.
- Sample space and maximum search distance can be adjusted in the config file.
Information about a found biome is displayed on the HUD
The biome selection GUI
The biome information GUI
Saplings and logs use the ore dictionary.
- Install Forge
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder
- Download the mod and place the jar file in .minecraft/mods
- If you've used a different version of this mod before, delete any existing naturescompass.cfg, naturescompass-client.toml, or naturescompass-common.toml files from .minecraft/config
Yes, you can use this mod in your modpack.
If you enjoy the mod and would like to support the project, feel free to leave a donation on PayPal. Support is greatly appreciated!
This project is proudly sponsored by BisectHosting. If you're looking for a server, check out their hosting plans and use the promo code Chaos at checkout to get 25% off your first month!