Mo' Shiz Mod (Celebrating 6 Years)
Is a mod that adds tons of new ores, blocks, tools, armor, crops, food, and much more. Basically what I plan on doing with the mod is to make it be able to be an all in one mod. New updates all the time. I still have a lot of ideas for this mod, so download it and test it out if you would like, if you have any issues, post below in a comment, and I'll do my best to resolve it. ~ProfitOrange
Why Did I Make This Mod?
I created this mod to add new ores, blocks, fences, stairs, tools, armor, and much more. The reason behind this, was that I didn't like having 100's of mods on my server, causing it to crash/take hours to get into a working state. So I came up with a list of ores I would like to see in the game, and I brought them all together into one mod.
- Dev versions of the mod are labeled as such: v1.00.b.01. These are usually not released to the public unless I give them out to testers.
- The versions of the mod go up like: v1.01, v1.02, and so on.
- First Official Working Release: June 19th, 11:11AM 2013.
- Minecraft 1.7.2 and 1.7.10
- Minecraft 1.8
- Minecraft 1.11.2
- Minecraft 1.12.2
- Minecraft 1.13.2 - Most likely will not port back to this, when I rewrote the mod for 1.14.4 I built it around the new blocks added, and it wouldn't be worth it to support 1.13.3
- Minecraft 1.14.4 - Currently being worked on ~ about 95% completed at the moment - Whats Left: smelting, adding in the few remaining special blocks/items, and a few other minor fixes
- Minecraft 1.15.1 - Awaiting 1.14.4 completion before porting it forward and continuing with this version
What Does This Mod Add?
- 1.12.2 Release
- As of v1.86
- 41 Tool Sets
- 37 Armor Sets
- 38 Stairs
- 36 Fences
- 39 New Ores
- 40 New Foods
- 4 New Shears
- 8 New Crops
- 16 Stained Sand Blocks
- 16 Stained Wooden Planks
- 16 Stained Wooden Stairs
- 16 Stained Wooden Fences
- 16 Stained Wooden Slabs
- 16 Stained Stone
- 16 Stained Cobblestone
- 16 Stained Stone Bricks
- 8 New Fuels
- 100+ decoration blocks
- 16 Stained Redstone lamps
- And so much more as of v1.86, this list would take far too much effort to update
My Goal For This Mod
My goal for this mod, is to make a mod that doesn't feel too out of place in Minecraft, while adding in tons of new things and fixes that I thought Minecraft could benefit from. I plan on keeping textures for items as close to what they would have been if added to the Official game. I wanted to make a mod, just one mod that has the ability of many other mods combined, without having to worry so much about compatibility issues, as well as keeping the game running as smooth as possible. From personal experience, I know how tiresome getting a server to run with a bunch of mods, I have a fairly powerful gaming PC that I built myself, so I don't have lag issues, although many people of whom I play modded survival Minecraft with have computers that can't handle running Minecraft as well, much less with 40-50+ mods installed. So my job as a mod developer, is to make a fun, lag-free experience for all those who use this mod.
Mo' Shiz will be continuously updated. This is an on going project. A big thanks to everyone that has supported and downloaded this mod. When I originally created this mod, all I was thinking about doing was making a mod that would bring together a bunch of different elements of other mods together into one simple mod. To get 100,000 downloads is something I never would have believed when I uploaded the first file here. I cannot believe it has been over 6 years since I just randomly decided to make a mod at 3:30am in mid June. Again, a big thanks to everyone!
Too Lazy to try to create something for 1.12.2 like I did for the last two major updates
- Mo' Shiz is currently being worked on for Minecraft 1.14.4
- Current Minecraft 1.7 Release Build: Mo' Shiz v1.62.2
- Current Minecraft 1.8 Release Build: Mo' Shiz v1.75
- Current Minecraft 1.8.9 Release Build: Mo' Shiz v1.80
- Current Minecraft 1.11.2 Release Build: Mo' Shiz v1.84
- Current Minecraft 1.12.2 Release Build: Mo' Shiz v1.86