A client-side mod that allows displaying various "info lines" on the screen ("mini-F3"). The alignment (screen corner), background and text color and font size are configurable.
The mod also has various "overlay renderers", such as:
- Spawn Chunks
- Region File Boundaries
- Random Tick range
- A mob Despawn Sphere shape
- Block Grid
- Structure Bounding Boxes (single player only, without a server-side component!)
- Mob spawn algorithm chunks range (< 1.14 only, in 1.14+ it's the same as the random ticked chunks)
- Height map used by the mob spawn algorithm
(note that many of these currently are only available in the more recent LiteLoader, Rift and Fabric versions.)
The mod also adds hotkeys for toggling on/off the vanilla debug renderers for blocks collision boxes, heightmap, entity path finding etc.
The displayed information lines can also be toggled on/off with hotkeys, and the HUD itself can be toggled ON and OFF.
Some example screenshots are on the Images page.
The default in-game config menu hotkey is H + C and the default on/off toggle key is H.
The Download button on the top still gives you the 1.12.2 LiteLoader version, and not the version for 1.14.4 for example! And there is nothing I can do about that.
Different mod loaders vs. mod versions
Be sure to download the correct version for the mod loader you are using!
The newer builds will all include the mod loader in the mod filename.
(Also note that the 1.13.2 versions ONLY work on MC 1.13.2, and NOT on the earlier 1.13 versions!)
For MC 1.14.x there are currently versions for the Fabric mod loader, those versions have '-fabric' in their filename.
Future Forge versions will also include -forge in the mod file name.
As of version 0.12.1, there are now also LiteLoader versions of the mod available. They can for now be found as additional files under the "main" (Forge) file.
The mod's main rendering toggle key is by default H.
The in-game config menu hotkey is by default H + C.
Recent MiniHUD versions that use malilib
For the more recent versions of MiniHUD that use malilib, all the hotkeys are in MiniHUD's own in-game config menu, which by default opens with H + C.
Old Forge versions of MiniHUD
For the old Forge versions of the mod, the keybinds can be changed in the vanilla Controls menu.
For the old Forge versions:
- Toggle Mode (by itself): Toggle the HUD state ON/OFF.
- Toggle Mode + "info key": Toggle ON/OFF the different pieces of information (the keys can be set in the mod configs).
NOTE: The information below this is outdated and doesn't include everything that is in the recent LiteLoader, Rift and Fabric versions of the mod.
Look through the in-game config menu to see everything that is available in addition to the things mentioned below.
The following information is currently available:
- Real time (ie. a clock...)
- World time in ticks
- World time formatted to days, hours, minutes
- Player's current block position
- Player's current position in chunk
- Player's coordinates
- Player's current dimension ID
- Player's yaw rotation
- Player's pitch rotation
- Player's current moving speed
- Player's facing
- The Chunk the player is currently in
- The region file the player is currently in
- Looked-at-entity's name and health
- Looked-at-entity's registry name (1.11+) or ID (1.10.2)
- The block the player is looking at
- Block's registry name and the BlockState properties of the looked-at-block (like on the F3 screen)
- Current light level
- Current biome
- Current biome's registry name.
- Current FPS
- Entity count
- C value (rendered chunk sections) from F3
- P value (number of particles) from F3
- Current local difficulty number (from F3)
- Is the current chunk a slime chunk. Note: in multiplayer you need to manually run the /seed command!
Starting from version 0.13.0, there is now a region file boundary overlay renderer. The default hotkey to toggle it ON/OFF is Toggle (H) + J.
Note: Starting from version 0.9.0, you can change all these quick toggle keys via the config file or the in-game config menu.
Note: Starting from version 0.11.0, you can change the order of these info lines via the config file or the in-game config menu.
To temporarily (= not saved in the configs) toggle the info types while in-game, do this:
- In version 0.9.0 or later, press and hold the main Toggle key, and then press the configured hotkey for the info type you want to toggle
- Before version 0.9.0, first press and hold the indicated info type key and then press the Toggle key
Old Configuration options
Below are the bit mask values for the different information types. This is now redundant, just use the on/off options in the in-game config menu instead!
These were removed entirely in version 0.11.0.
- 1 = coordinates
- 2 = yaw
- 4 = pitch
- 8 = speed
- 16 = biome
- 32 = light level
- 64 = facing
- 128 = block position
- 256 = chunk position
- 512 = block looking at
- 1024 = fps
- 2048 = entity count
- 4096 = dimension id
- 8192 = world time (ticks)
- 16384 = world time (formatted)
- 32768 = IRL time (ie. a clock)
- 65536 = looking at entity
- 131072 = slime chunk
- 262144 = blockstate properties
There are a few things that can be adjusted either via the in-game configuration menu or in the configuration file.
- The information to be displayed on the Info Lines HUD
- Font scale factor
- The font and backgrond colors
- Whether to use a font shadow in the text rendering
- Whether to use a background color for the text
- Whether to sort the displayed information lines by their length
- Whether to reverse the above mentioned sorting order
- Whether to use a custom format string for the coordinate line, and the format string to use
- Multiple options to configure the Light Level overlay
- The colors of all the overlay renderers
Note: The custom format string for the coordinates has to have three float number format specifiers.
An example of that would be "X: %.1f Y: %.1f Z: %.1f" (without the quotes) to give an output like: X: 1234.2 Y: 64.0 Z: 4321.7.
Vanilla debug renderers
Starting from mod version 0.12.0, there are hotkeys to toggle ON/OFF the debug renderers that exist in vanilla, but are normally not usable/accessible. The hotkeys for these can be set in the Hotkeys config category. Note: The neighbor updates debug renderer only works in single player.
Note: The pathfinding debug renderer also only works in single player, unless another mod sends the appropriate custom payload vanilla packet from the server, to add the path data to the debug renderer. Currently I'm not aware of any such mods however.
Some example screenshots of the debug renderers:
Solid block faces:
Note: This is a client-side-only mod!