Additional Information Video
Minions can [currently]:
- follow you around
- be sent to places
- chop down entire forests
- carry you, animals and other players
- dig mineshafts complete with stairwell
- dig custom spaces you defined, above and below ground
- mine ore veins you point out to them
- intelligently strip mine where you tell them to
- return their goods and loot to you
- or to a Block with inventory (> 23 slots) you pointed out
Minions use an A-star algorithm custom pathing system. It's threaded and multicore-capable.
Hitches and problems/teleporting you see all stem from Minecraft pathfollowing, which is ... lets call it suboptimal.
The tree finding algorithm is threadbased aswell, and stops when it has found 16 trees or has scanned a 64x64 area. It supports mod Tree's so long their custom Tree blocks have "wood" in their name.
Animal abduction works on all entities that extend EntityAnimal.
Strip mining scans the walls and roofs of the dug shaft continuously for precious blocks. Anything that is not worthless (eg dirt, stone, gravel...) is considered precious, so it fully supports mod ores.
Giving the order to mine an ore vein or having found such a vein while strip mining, the Minion will follow the vein and mine all connected Blocks of the same kind until there are no more. Then it will return to the player, or, if it was stripmining, return to that.
They don't come for free, you have to prove your worth by slaying living beings (to accumulate levels) and then take action for the dark gods. Only after a number of evil deeds they may grant you minions.
So, here's the short minion manual:
- Kill enough stuff to reach lvl 8
- Press M and do evil 4 times
- Receive Master Item
- Rightclick Master Item to spawn Minions
- Rightclick to issue orders, context-sensitive (a place, trees, an animal, an ore vein, your feet)
- Also press M for advanced orders
- Rightclick chest (FROM DISTANCE) to set it as destination
- Charge staff like a bow to have minions follow you
- Rightclick minions to have them drop whatever they have
- Leftclick Minions for working incentive .... mueheheheh
- Leftclick with Staff out for evil sparkly
Minions are fully compatible with SMP. However there may be oddness regarding their movement and animations - i'm not sure that is fixable.
Default settings: (configurable by the file in the /mods/ folder)
Minions main menu: "M"
Maximum Minions per player: 4
Cost of evil Deed: 2 levels
- 4 evil deeds are required to gain minions
Requirements to install:
Newer versions - just Forge
The folders in the downloaded file are labeled.
As you might notice, evil Deeds can be added dynamically using the config file. Share yours!