Welcome to Mine and Slash, a mod that changes minecraft into a hack and slash looter!
1.15.2 - 3.0.0
[THIS UPDATE IS BETA, EXPECT BUGS!]
REVAMPED SPELL SYSTEM!
Spells are no longer items, you now learn them as you level up!
They are separated currently into 5 classes and you can pick one or all, but you won't have enough points to take all the spells.
So you have to specialize. But my intent is to make dual or even triple classing a viable thing.
Now here's the first few classes:
* SHAMAN - thunder
* EMBER MAGE - fire
* OCEAN MYSTIC - water
* DRUID - nature
* CLERIC - heal/buff class that uses all elements.
Shamans can throw tridents of lightning or summon thunderstorms.
Ember Mages can set their foes on fire and deal massive lasting damage.
Ocean Mystics use power of water and ice to deal damage and even sometimes heal.
Druids use nature based spells to heal or damage their enemies.
Clerics have the strongest heals but lack attacking methods.
Another thing to note is that all spells now will be UNIQUE. Meaning they will all differ somehow.
I am completely abandoning my previous approach that every element based spell must have a counterpart for each element.
This means more FUN for you, but also more balancing problems. Which is why i'd prefer if the community points out not only weak spells, but OP ones too.
Each class's gameplay will be based on a thing called SYNERGY.
You unlock synergies the same way you unlock spells. They power a certain spell to make it do additional, often gameplay changing effects.
For example a synergy can make Frostball consume Shiver stacks to deal extra damage.
Classes also have certain things that make multi classing viable.
For example the Shiver effect from Ocean Mystic's Whirlpool not only reduces water resistance, but fire resistance too.
MAPS NOW HAVE QUESTS!
Map system was overhauled to have objectives and rewards. You now have more agency against RNG by being able to pick which maps to do based on their rewards,
which are listed on the map item. It could reward runes, unique items, currency etc. You can pick what you want!
You need to finish the objectives fast to get good score. Your reward crate's item rewards will depend on your score.
After you're done with the objective, map's drops will be lowered substantially. You've effectively "cleared" the map.
Every hostile mob has a small chance to become a boss.
"Boss" is considered a rarity. It's a special rarity for mobs.
Bosses drop a lot more loot but they also use strong spells against you!
Currently there 3 different Summoner type bosses. They summon mobs when you bring them down to a certain hp percent.
I have ideas for more bosses too, like a healer type boss that heals nearby hostile mobs.
Bosses can only spawn in adventure maps.
removed factory station (its use was replaced by the more interesting currency system and modify station)
added azure's gui overlay option
fix modify station tooltips a bit
player lvl up token and config removed
try fix player vanilla lvls being wrong after teleporting to maps
changed config from common to server so it syncs automatically to clients.
nerfed crit rate talents
nerfed wand aoe
talent tree now reminds you which button to click to show more stat info
trait stats now use same keybind to show more info
map device no longer can increase tier or lvl of maps, its now done through currency items in modify station
group maps no longer require standing near the person sacrificing the map, you can now click a button on the map device gui
to sacrifice a map, just right click map device with the map
map isnt used up anymore if there isn't enough space for portals
stations now tick more smoothly
salvaging maps now gives map related currencies or ores only.
added map currencies like +tier +lvl etc
overlay now updates more often to be smoother
map back pearl now teleports back instantly
hud should be back faster now after changing dimensions
adventure map bonus loot is now smaller cus i'm adding loot crate as completition reward
pressing same keybind should now close the gui
map leave pearl no longer shows map stats, thats now in new map info gui
maps have less affixes but they're stronger
added main hub gui
maps now have a quest and loot crate as a reward!
armor requirements are no longer random (wis or int), now they are always wis and int etc (existing gear will have a change, beware)
enchanted/renamed items no longer get auto put in bags. Should stop some annoyances
configs should now sync to client on login
spell damage renamed to spell power. Should make more sense if nature power increases healing, than nature damage increasing healing
loot now drops based on highest damager. So if you do most dmg to mob and it dies to fire, it will still drop loot!
fixed scaling spell dmg not being applied
removed some stats based on old spells which no longer exist. (runewords affected have other stats boosted)
talent and spell trees are now FULLSCREEN!
as there were too many keybinds, now guis will have to be accessed from the main hub (H). (Main hub, Hotbar swap + 5 hotbar buttons is already 7 keybinds!)
lowered stat scaling a bit
staffs and wands now need more energy and less mana.
added config for logging registry entries like compatible items
added config for setting specific dimension lvl 1 area in case spawn position is buggy or you have other needs
base player stats are now in the folder for json configs. You can add any stat now.
added configs for loot and xp penalty for level difference and if it should activate if player is lower lvl or just when higher lvl.
added configs for level penalties for loot and xp, you can define ranges and multipliers now, allows much more customization, even increasing loot for higher lvl mobs kills.
map dimensions are once again dynamic! You enter the dimension for the map you sacrificed, not whichever map was last sacrificed at the device,
If you want to play with friends, use group maps!
Added stat scale configs.
added command to summon bosses
added new traits to talent tree, i'd advise looking at the left of the tree now :p
spells and area attacks no longer attack caster, pets or other players. I feel this might be undersirable for pvp servers.. I'll see what i can do, maybe a config?
normal weapons now have chance to do partly elemental attack damage. Should helper elemental builds before players get the uniques.
leather armor now has dodge as primary stat
dodging now has sound effect, allowing you to know how useful it is!
added simple mob bar gui until neat mod ports
- Diablo-like In-depth gearing system:
- Rune Words
- Unique Items
- Chaos Stats
- Set items
- Huge talent tree
- Modifying, salvaging, crafting of loot.
- Endgame - Increasingly difficult tiers of Adventure Maps.
- Auto-Salvage Bags, Auto-pickup Bags and other convenience items.
- Highly configurable.
This mod completely changes the combat and gear progression of minecraft, for better or worse, depending on your preferences, so i'll lay it out nice and clear what this mod does so you can make sure you want it or not.
The intent is to make Loot (mob drops) the primary way to obtain gear and to provide satisfying highly randomized loot drops and an in-depth player stat system that allows you to specialize and min max your character. Secondary intent is to provide long term progression.
- Requies: Forge, and Curios API.
- Use a mod for recipes like JEI.
- 1.12.2 is now supported by AzureZhen, for newest features update to 1.14.4!
- I Won't be porting to Fabric at all. Don't ask.\
- Optifine breaks other mods, it's not my issue if mod doesn't work with it.
- All living things are given levels. The level is determined by distance from spawn. This means if you want to explore further, you'll want to level up so you can beat the tougher mobs!
- Minecraft doesn't allow more than 1000 something health so this mod stores the health value, this means mods that show mob health aren't useful, that's why i remodeled vazkii's Neat (health bar) mod to show actual health values and some useful mob traits (like a mob that does bonus lightning damage).
- Adding to that, this mod completely overrides most health and damage mechanics. Same with damage and armor. Only weapons and armors from this mod provide useful benefits. Though some vanilla things are still useful, like fire, unbreaking, water affinity etc. So don't think crafting a diamond sword is a good idea, it isn't! (Unless you set it as a Compatible Item)
- To get any loot from my mod, you must deal the finishing blow to the mob, this is because i don't think a level 50 player slaughtering lvl 1 mobs should be rewarded.
- Player attacks require energy, spells require mana. Learn to kite mobs and not waste mana.
Thanks Vazkii for the mob health bar mod!
Thanks Traverse Team for the Biomes!
Thanks dom_codes for the Gui library!
Thanks Bonsaiheldin for potion icons!
Join the discord server if you want to share your loot findings or strategies!
* you may not re-host my mod at all. Any download must point to my curseforge page.
* you may use my mod in any modpack you want.
* you may privately use the source code of my mod (on my github) and play around it yourself or with friends. But you are not allowed to publish it publicly unless i quit modding and say so. Addons using my mod as a dependency are fine, but taking my code to create and publish a similar mod isn't.