Welcome to Mine and Slash, a mod that changes minecraft into a hack and slash looter!
Features per Version:
Is where the mod started. I slowly added more and more features, mostly relating to gear stats and cool ways to upgrade gear.
Is a huge revamp that comes with:
* Talent Tree. This was a heavily requested feature to allow for more specialization for player characters.
* Skill points, same thing, but this also brought about diversification of armors into cloth, leather and plate.
comes with 2 main reworks:
* Spell Items > Spell tree. Spells aren't items anymore but its own tree players can specialize in, similar to talents.
Many spells got removed and many added, others got make overs.
Spells are now insanely useful, take 0 hotbar space and you can have a spell hotbar of 10 spells with a switchable spell hotbar.
* Map system rework. Before maps were just dimensions with normal world generation where you ran around mostly trying to find buildings to loot.
Many players repeatedly told me they were boring so after getting inspiration from the Dimensional dungeons mod, i reworked them into dungeons!
Now they are filled with traps, puzzles, hidden loot etc. They should be much more fun and adventurous as i add more and more dungeon pieces.
* Datapack transfer. I converted many of my mod's features into datapacks. Which means you can modify it yourself!
Sets, Unique gears, runes, affixes and compatible items are all datapacks now!
Create new ones, edit existing ones, or disable them
Diablo-like In-depth gearing system:
- Rune Words
- Unique Items
- Chaos Stats
- Set items
- Huge talent tree
- Many spell masteries to mix and match.
- Modifying, salvaging, crafting of loot.
- Endgame - Increasingly difficult tiers of Adventure Maps.
- Highly configurable.
This mod completely changes the combat and gear progression of minecraft, for better or worse, depending on your preferences, so i'll lay it out nice and clear what this mod does so you can make sure you want it or not.
The intent is to make Loot (mob drops) the primary way to obtain gear and to provide satisfying highly randomized loot drops and an in-depth player stat system that allows you to specialize and min max your character. Secondary intent is to provide long term progression.
- Requies: Forge, and Curios API.
- Use a mod for recipes like JEI.
- 1.12.2/1.14.4 is no longer supported, for newest features update to 1.15.2!
- I Won't be porting to Fabric at all. Don't ask.
- All living things are given levels. The level is determined by distance from spawn. This means if you want to explore further, you'll want to level up so you can beat the tougher mobs!
- Minecraft doesn't allow more than 1000 something health so this mod stores the health value, this means mods that show mob health aren't useful, that's why i remodeled vazkii's Neat (health bar) mod to show actual health values.
- Adding to that, this mod completely overrides most health and damage mechanics. Same with damage and armor. Only weapons and armors from this mod provide useful benefits. Though some vanilla things are still useful, like fire, unbreaking, water affinity etc. So don't think crafting a diamond sword is a good idea, it isn't! (Unless you set it as a Compatible Item)
- To get loot from my mod, you must deal the most damage to the hostile mob and be similar level to the mob.
- Player attacks require energy, spells require mana. Learn to kite mobs and not waste mana.
Talent tree! (1.14.4 and up)
Thanks Vazkii for the mob health bar mod!
Thanks Bonsaiheldin for potion icons!
Join the Community Discord here:
* you may not re-host my mod at all. Any download must point to my curseforge page.
* you may use my mod in any modpack, video or stream you want.
* you may learn from my source code as it is public, but not publish a copy of my mod.