Some mods make clay too easy to get. Sad!
MakeClayValuableAgain is a mod that seeks to "improve" the progression of Minecraft by "improving" access to clay. It extends the early-game progression quite a bit. It makes the following changes:
- Clay blocks will not drop anything unless they are broken with a Clay Shovel or Clay Pickaxe.
- Stone tools are no longer obtainable via crafting.
- Clay is dropped by Wither Skeletons, which spawn when Skeletons are killed. There is a 10% chance of the Wither Skeleton dropping a single clay ball.
- Killing a Skeleton results in your weapon instantly breaking.
- Killing a Wither or Ender Dragon always drops 1 clay ball.
With this mod installed, the general progression is as follows:
- Obtain wooden tools (lots of swords!).
- Kill skeletons and wither skeletons until you get enough clay balls for clay tools.
- You now have access to clay tools! You are ready to obtain stone!
- Play as normal.