A huge rewrite of this mod is underway and nearing completion. This will fix all previous bugs and issues. You are welcome to join my discord to be in the loop as it happens.
This mod is the API and Colored Lighting engine used by Hyper Lighting on Minecraft 1.14.4+. This mod doesn't do anything on it's own, but when used with Hyper Lighting or by other mods/resource packs it allows blocks/items/entities to emit colored light.
Preset packs that include default lights, visit https://github.com/hypherionmc/hyperlighting_core/tree/master/presetpacks
How to use this mod
Installation is simple. Just like any other forge mod, you download and place the mod in your Mods folder. After installation, the mod should show up in your mods list in Minecraft.
* WARNING: THIS IS A CLIENT SIDE ONLY MOD! DO NOT INSTALL IT ON YOUR SERVER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! *
This mod can be configured in two ways:
- * By using the in game config. Can be accessed by pressing the INSERT (Or be remapped to a key of your choice) key on your keyboard while in game.
- * By editing hypcore-client.toml in your minecraft directory under Configs.
NO! NO! AND AGAIN NO! This mod uses shaders and is therefore not compatible with optifine nor will it ever be.
* BUG REPORTS MADE ABOUT ISSUES RELATING TO OPTIFINE WILL BE CLOSED AND IGNORED! *
If you suspect this mod causes any issues with your game, you can help isolate it this way:
- * Disable Colored Lighting from the configuration either in game or the config file.
- * See if the issue you spotted persists. If no, then re-enable colored lighting and see if the issue appears again. If yes, then it probably isn't this mod, but try running the game without the mod just to be sure.
If you have found a bug, report it using the Issues tab above. The more detail you give, the quicker it will be to identify and fix bugs.
Other important information and notes
This mod should work on most GPU's. Basically, if your graphics card can run minecraft relatively lag free, it can run this mod. Some special cases may apply here
As mentioned before, this mod is NOT compatible with Optifine.
This is a CLIENT SIDE only mod.
* THIS IS A CORE MOD! IF YOU DO NOT TRUST OR LIKE COREMODS, DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD! THE CHOICE IS YOURS! *
An API for this mod does exist. You can find information on how to use it Here
To get support for this mod, be it to report a bug, request a feature or something else related to this mod, you can do so using any of the following:
- * Via email at hypherionmc[at]gmail[dot]com.
- * On the Hyper Lighting discord server here.
- * Using the issues tab above
* DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF MODDING REPORT ERRORS OR SUSPECTED ERRORS/ISSUES RELATING TO THIS MOD TO FORGE! *
Entities do not flash red when being attacked or hurt. I am trying to figure this out and will fix it as soon as I find the cause - This should have been fixed by release time. If not, please log a bug report
2) Light leaks through blocks. This is something that is SUPER HARD to fix, and is probably something that will never be fixed. However, this may change in the future
3) Hit boxes are broken on 1.16.
4) Lights have random on/off glitches in 1.16
5) Fog rendering is broken 1.15/1.16
A 1.15 version is in development, however, a somewhat unknown issue causes everything in Minecraft to turn bright red. Until this issue can be figured out and solved, there will be no 1.15 version. No release date is known either
A 1.15 version is now in testing and will be released in beta soon