Prior to 1.17 - Ag4tr
An addon for Tech Reborn for Fabric 1.16+.
Gear Reborn introduces an assortment of practical equipment pieces complimenting TR and following its style. Heavily inspired by IC2.
What this mod currently adds:
A shiny, environment-tight yellow rubber suit augmented with breathing apparatus and a refrigeration system! Probably. Wearing the full set (with rubber boots for the feet part!) passively protects you from:
- Fire (not magma) damage;
- Freezing damage;
- Electrical shocks (from stun guns and uninsulated wire;
- Bee stings.
- Protects you from dying in magma provided it is supplied with constant energy;
- Allows you to breathe underwater, provided you keep Cells of Compressed Air in your inventory, each of which lasts for ~20s (configurable).
The suit's pieces EXCLUDING THE BOOTS have no durability, but have subpar protection values and are not enchantable.
Night Vision Goggles
- Good ole NVG. Run off energy and can be toggled with N by default.
- Don't blind you in sunlight like their IC2 counterpart!
- Rubber armor! It's a tad better than leather armor and each piece gives you a bit of knockback resistance. TR rubber is canonically not latex.
- Your go-to hip dislocation prevention tool! Significantly reduces your fall damage with each fall at the cost of taking a bit of a beating. Technically part of the rubber armor set, but they deserve their own entry.
- Will degrade quickly if you fall a lot! Repairable with rubber and enchantable, hint hint.
- Damage logic identical to their IC2 equivalent's!
- For a more pacifist way out! Unless you're dealing with arachnids. Simply fill it up with some energy, toggle it on, wait for its high voltage capacitors to charge and whack what(or who-)ever you want to stun! Each charge takes ~0,5k E. Mobs get stunned for ~6 seconds, during this period, they are significantly slowed down and weakened. Arachnids receive heavy damage from it. Creepers explode when shocked with this.
- You switch the taser on/off by shift-rightclicking with it in your hand. After ~5 secs of charging (indicated by rapid clicking), it will be usable. There's an capacitor charge indicator in the stun gun's tooltip. Grey means that the capacitors are empty, yellow means partially charged and not yet usable, green means fully charged and usable. Mostly useless though as the tip of the taser visibly sparkles with energy when everything's ready to go.
Please report any bugs you find playing with this mod on the github issue tracker.
If you have any suggestions, feel free to put them up in the comments or on the github.
This mod is compatible with existing saves, it adds no worldgen or anything of this substance.
If you wish to contact me for whatever reason, please do so through discord DMs: loleq#4487. Curse's messaging system does not do a great job of notifying creators of incoming PMs.
Note: This project is is no way affiliated with Team Reborn, it merely uses their libraries and its name flows nice with the series.