1.17 ? Yes, it's coming
You need more energy for your machines? Get an extreme amount of it
Extreme Reactors is the original port of the 1.7.10 mod Big Reactors, by Erogenous Beef, rewritten for MC 1.9.4 / 1.10.x / 1.11 / 1.12.2 and 1.16.3 / 1.16.4 / 1.16.5 (you can use the 1.16.4 jar file on all the 1.16.3+ versions). The name was changed following Curse Forge deployment rules.
Giants Reactors to harness the power of the atom or mighty Turbines to turn steam into energy? Why not both?
Build huge multiblock machines to produce produce energy in a very efficient way. Extreme Reactor support natively the Forge Energy Power system with the Forge Energy Power Taps so you would be able to power the vast majority of modded machines. The mod is designed in such a way that, if needed, more power system can be supported. Just let me know!
PLAY ALONG WITH YOUR FRIENDS OR STREAM YOUR GAMEPLAY
I've partnered with BisectHosting!
If you're interested in hosting a server to play with Extreme Reactors and other mods or mods pack along with your friends, or in a robust server to play in while you stream your gameplay on You Tube or Twitch, click the image below!
BisectHosting offers quick, simple to use and high quality server hosting with over a dozen locations available across the world, ensuring low latency for you and your friends. I use one of their server myself to test Extreme Reactors and play Minacraft along with my friends.
They've got greath support to help you choose the best server for your mod pack, be that an existing pack or one that you put together yourself. After your purchase, the server is already configured and ready to use.
Remember to use the code "zero" to get 25% off your first month as a new client for any of their gaming servers. Enjoy!
Since many of you have asked, I've opened a Discord server. Ask questions about my mods, share your Reactors designs and report issues. You can also find me on the Minecraft Forge discord server or the Direwolf20 one. Happy chat.
Extreme Reactor 2 require ZeroCore to work. Please add it to your mod folder
NOTABLE CHANGES SINCE 1.12.2
- In-game documentation is available with the The Extreme Book! (you need Patchouli too)
- The Reactor and Turbine comes in two initial variants: Basic and Reinforced
The Basic variant is your early game choice: cheap and small (5x5x5 max for the Reactor, 5x5x10 for the Turbine)
The Reinforced variant if your heavy duty one: machines as big as you want (check your server config file) and build from steel ingots (or a botload of iron if your pack lack steel)
- The internal buffers (energy / fluids) size of any Reactors and Turbines is a function of the machine size.
- There are now two general tipes of Power Taps and Fluid Ports: active and passive
- an Active one will send out power or fluids (or retrive them) automatically to the block connected to it
- a Passive one will send out power or fluids (or accept them) ony if the block connected to it request it
- using both types allow you to fine tune your energy or fluids distribution network
- The Access Port has gone Solid ... the old girl is not as good as it was in the past at converting fuel ingots to liquid fuel. But it's still does a good jot at it
- The Fuel Rod rendesing is even more FPS friendlier than before. You should have not rendering performance problems even with a huge number of Fuel Rods in your Reactors
- Reactor / Turbine Forge Energy Charging Port. Use it to charge items that use energy (FE) to operate. Open the GUI and put the item in the input slot in the center (more info in the book).
- Turbine Rotor can be build with any combinatios of blades you want (provided that their variant match the Turbine's and, well, it is a valid rotor :)) and will be animated using the shape you build
- New fancy and FPS friendly GUI because i like fancy stuff and you like your FPSs
- The Reinforced Computer Port support CC-Tweaked LUA program to help you manage your Reactors and Turbines
- Modpack authors can use the Creative Water Generator / Steam Generator to create self sustaining Turbines setups or as a rare loot for their players
- Ore-regen: the mod can re-generate it's ores by setting the "enableWorldRegeneration" config option to true.
Worldgen must be enabled too, and so does the specific ore options you want to re-generate. If you need to re-generate chunks again, increate the value of the config option "userWorldGenVersion"
ABOUT A JEI PLUGIN
As you may have noticed, ER do not come with a JEI plugin that list all the moderators, fuels, coils, etc and their properties. The reason is simple: I don't want to have one. It would be no fun having the answer to "what's work best" outside the game, instead have fun and experiment!
Since there are tons of blocks and items in any modern pack, in 2.0.6 I've added a tooltip to items and blocks that could be used as fuel or moderators for the Reactors or Turbine coils. It's an advanced tooltip so you need to enable them to spoil your fun :) There is also a client config option to disable them if needed
I'm planning to have an in-game method to test your Reactor designs without having to build a whole one. The key code is already in place and Reactors and Turbines can already run in simulation mod
Also, to my fellow modders: please DO NOT add an external JEI plugin that show fuels, moderators, etc, for my mod, thank you.
MODPACKS AND LET'S PLAYs AND OTHER PERMISSIONS
You can add Extreme Reactors 2 (and Zero Core 2) to your mod pack or use them in your let's play / live streams to your heart content, no need to ask for my permission: you got it.
If you like, post a comment here or on the main forum thread to let's us know what fun stuff you are doing with the mods so we can all share in the fun.
No one is authorized to repost my mods, or any part of them, on any other website other then Curse Forge. If you wish, you can link to this page (or the Zero Core 2 one) from your website to let your users download the mod.
A NOTE ON SAFETY
We release our mods only on the Curse client or the FTB launcher and on the following websites:
- Curse Forge : https://minecraft.curseforge.com
- Curse : https://mods.curse.com
If you found our mods on another website be sure that they do not come from us and we cannot guarantee that you are downloading something safe to use and that will work on your version of Minecraft. To keep things short: do not download those files and always use the Curse client or the FTB launcher or Curse / Curse Forge websites
HOW TO INSTALL EXTREME REACTORS
If you need any help installing Extreme Reactors in your Twitch Client or in MultiMC take a look at this how-to video my The KODO :