I've never been a big fan of zombies, and I've always felt that Minecraft has been.... tainted... by the choice to include Zombies and Skeletons, as well as certain other occult or spiritistic elements. I decided that I would make a mod that removes these questionable influences and replaces them with a more "everyday" alternative.
This plugin gives a few of the default vanilla mobs new models, and renames a few of the blocks and items. The mobs still behave in exactly the same way but look different and have new names, and (some) make new noises!
- Zombies have been turned into Brown Bears
- Skeletons have been turned into Panda Bears
- Wither Skeletons have been turned into Black Bears
- PigZombies have been turned into Pig Bears
(Yeah I know that one's weird... they're the pre-dead pigmen in Bear suits, OK!)
- Ghasts have been turned into "Guards", a kind of mechanical drone
- Witches have been turned into Wise Bears
- New, more appropriate sounds have been added for Guards, Wise Bears and Polar Bears
- Mob heads have been changed to match the new Bear models when placed
- Enchanting has been renamed "Enhancing"
- Potions have been renamed as "Cocktails"
- Default Nether textures have been tweaked to be less "Hell"ish
- Netherrack has been renamed "Fire Rock"
- Nether Brick has been renamed "Cave Brick"
- Changed wording on achievements to match new changes
- [1.0.10] Wise Bears have a rare chance to drop one Nether Star if killed with a Looting sword (3% chance per looting level)
- Bears sound like bears, not the mobs they have replaced
> Exception: Brown Bears still sound like zombies... because they kinda sound like bears anyway!
Add new Bear model to replace witches (Feel free to suggest ideas)Added in 1.0.7
- Rename "hell" to "Epicave" (For the F3 menu)
> Currently suggest using the BiomeTweaker mod
- Fix Inventory Icons for Mod Heads
Add more custom sounds
- [1.9-1.0.10] The icons for mob heads still show the default minecraft models