Stage 0: The Spider or the Egg...
- Collect 8 Spider Eyes and a Single chicken egg... its time for some weird crafting!
Stage 1: Egg
- you should set that egg down before it hatches...
Stage 2: Spiderling(Current Domestic Spider)
- Untameable, they're babies they don't listen to anyone! (unless you are holding their favorite snack!)
- Any time they eat they spit out a bit of string! and guess what their hunger is ENDLESS(for now anyway...)
- Grows up into a Adult after about 20 minutes.
- Unable to breed, They're only babies!!!
- Eats Dark Oak Leaves
Stage 3: Adult Domesticated Spider
- At this stage they have gone through their growth spurt, they no longer have endless appetites. They will allow you to harvest some string on occasion but not nearly as often as when they were younger.
- At this stage they can start defending themselves if they get attacked! (yes this includes if you attack them... you monster)
- Hey look I can slap a saddle on dat arachnid! and ride it around!
- Can be healed and bred by feeding them dark oak leaves.
Ok so your spider is a grown up, and basically acts like an animal, but maybe you were looking for a more intelligent pet? maybe even a companion in combat?
Well past this point your spider won't naturally develop, but... you could give it a little help.
If you choose to evolve your spiders beyond this stage they will be unable to breed, and the changes will be irreversible (excluding the saddled adult).
Stage 3-B: Saddled Adult (Triggered by using a Saddle)
- If you decided to slap a saddle on that bad boy, congrats you have a nifty spider steed who will defend itself and is arguably much faster then a pathetic horse (and unarguably more awesome)
- Can be healed by feeding them dark oak Leaves.
- Saddle can be removed by right clicking them with shears (you will get your saddle back).
Stage 4-A: Bone Spider (Triggered by feeding an Adult Bones)
- After tasting bone, this spider's body went through a dramatic change. And to start with... they don't make string anymore. Instead of making string, the body of this spider produces a strong armor plating!
- Sadly this armor plating is EXTREMELY uncomfortable and seems to destroy any saddles... (yea you can't ride them... I might change this)
- Now for the positives... They are armored, loyal and willing to slaughter mobs! You found your perfect guard dog.... I mean arachnid!
- Onwards into battle! if you right click on your tamed companion it will follow you anywhere, right click to disable follow. If you like you can also lead them around with bone meal.
- Your new companion on the field can be healed by feeding them bone meal.
- They are... QUITE aggressive, after a kill they will gain a short regeneration effect
Stage 4-B: Zombie Spider (Triggered by feeding an Rotten Flesh)
- After tasting rotten flesh, your spider decided it liked it. And it wants more, congrats you now have a spider with an extreme appetite... for zombies.
- Similar to the bone Spider this variant has following capability.
- This variant can be healed by feeding them the rotten flesh of their enemies
- This Variant is particularly stronger against zombies and will deal extra damage to them.
Stage 4-C: Blaze Spider (Triggered by feeding an Adult Blaze Rods)
- This spider has broken the laws of nature and consumed the pure fire within a blaze rod, and now it is prepared to fight your foes with that fire.
- This breed is also capable of following.
- This breed will set its foes on fire when attacking.
- This variant can be fed blaze powder to heal them.
Please do let me know any errors/glitches/unplanned bugs you see!!! as well as any suggestions you have in the comments!