Available for Minecraft 1.7.10!
Featuring 8 dinosaurs that spawn in the Dinosaur Dimension, this mod allows you to travel to the prehistoric Overworld!
To access the dimension, build a typical portal shape (see the screenshots) out of Cave Painting blocks.
Activating is easy -- just right click a Cave Painting when the frame is complete. Green portals should appear, beginning your excursions into the unknown.
Find some Cave Paintings. Unlike regular ores, these only appear on the walls of actual caves (at any Y-level). Any type will work. Yes, I know there are no cavemen in the dinosaur age, but these paintings still have an ancient mystical aura that allows the portal to work.
The current list of dinosaurs:
- Dimetrodon ("Two sizes of teeth") -- large, hungry, lizard-like creature with a sail on its back
- Velociraptor ("Speedy robber") -- quick, cunning, and fierce during the night, they attack in groups
- Pteranodon ("Winged finger") -- evil flying little beasts that attack you at first sight
- Tyrannosaurus Rex ("Lizard tyrant king") -- hulking monster that can easily outrun puny humans
- Sauropod ("Foot lizard") -- peaceful giants of the Jurassic age
- Stegosaurus ("Roofed lizard") -- armored and defensive in a fight
- Triceratops ("Three horned face") -- like the stegosaurs, they only attack if you start a fight
- Trilobite ("Three lobes") -- ancient bug-like crustaceans that fill the rivers
Dinosaur Dimension review by Lanthanoid was removed from YouTube, sorry.
Here's a Dinosaur Dimension preview by Minecrafterpc:
Rather than describe the features of this mod, Minecrafterpc shows what Dinosaur Dimensions would look like if it were available for MC PE
The Dinosaur Dimension is not a safe place to be at night, though no vanilla monsters will spawn there. Mostly you need to watch out for the velociraptors and pteranodons. The dimetrodons are a nuisance, but easy to outrun.
Along with prehistoric animals, this mod adds a few decorative plants -- this adds to the exotic, tropical feel of the Dinosaur Dimension.
Last but not least, watch out for tar pits in the deserts. Shovels are the best tool to get rid of tar.
Requirements: Forge for 1.7.10 (V1.01+ built and tested with Release 10.13.4.1448)
Notes: This is not intended to be accurate, just to be fun.
Also, the idea of a dimension filled with dinosaurs originated with TheLarsinator's "LotsOMobs" mod, which you can find at his website here. I felt it was lacking, which is why I designed Dinosaur Dimension to fill the gaps.
Lastly, the dimension ID for this mod is -3