Wildfires bring both destruction and renewal.
This mod requires the 2.0.0 version of GeckoLib - loading it with 3.0.0 will cause a crash on startup!
Geckolib is reportedly incompatible with Sodium. If your game crashes, try removing Sodium for now.
Explore the new Charred Forest biome
- Ash covers the surface of the biome, and has several useful applications.
- Keep an eye out for the rare Cinderfruit Plant, whose fruit is said to have fire-resistant properties.
- Make sure to wear a mask to counteract the biome's damaging effects!
Befriend the peaceful Ash Scuttlers
- These curious critters wander the surface of the charred forest, and can sometimes be found hiding in trees.
- When fed a certain fruit, they can dig up ash piles and produce rare resources for the player!
Beware of dangerous new enemies
- The Blackened stalk the forest day and night, and will throw blinding ash at unsuspecting targets, or attack up close.
- Wear goggles to protect against their ash!
- Very rarely, they can drop their hearts, which can grant the player immense power when brewed into potions.
Full Feature List:
Charred Wood - Log variant that drops charcoal bits when broken
Ember Block - Damages the player like a magma block when stood on and can set them on fire; drops charcoal when broken
- Can be thrown to blind enemies
- Can be used as a fertilizer; roughly 0.25x the efficiency of bone meal
- Smelts two items; can be crafted into charcoal in a 2x2 square
- Black powder produced by heating charcoal in a furnace
Air Filter & Mask
- Mask can be worn in the head slot to counteract the biome's debuffs (Weakness & Mining Fatigue)
- Blocks blindness debuffs when worn in the head slot
- Can be consumed to restore hunger and provide brief fire protection
- Can be fed to Ash Scuttlers
- Crafted from 8 activated charcoal and 1 cinderfruit
- Used as an alternative ingredient for fire resistance potions
- Crafted from 8 activated charcoal and 1 ash
- Used to brew potions of blindness
Heart of Cinder
- Rare drop from Blackened
- Used to brew potions of Cinder Soul
- Wanders around the charred forest passively
- When fed Cinderfruit, will dig up a nearby ash block for the player and produce an item
- Burned, darkened skeleton variant
- Can throw ash clouds which blind opponents or perform a melee attack
- Drops bones, ash, and very rarely a Heart of Cinder
New Vanilla Recipes:
- 1 Bone Meal + 1 Clay + 1 Charcoal -> 1 Gunpowder
Potion of Fire Resistance
- Awkward Potion + Infused Powder -> Potion of Fire Resistance
Potion of Cinder Soul
- Awkward Potion + Heart of Cinder -> Potion of Cinder Soul
Potion of Blindness
- Awkward Potion + Primed Ash -> Potion of Blindness
- Simplified Chinese: Samekichi
Crashing? Read this first:
- What version of Fabric API do you have? Version 0.24.1 is recommended - Geckolib crashes on startup on newer versions.
- Do you have Geckolib 2.0.0 for Fabric installed? If not, install it.
- Do you have Sodium installed? If so, remove it - Geckolib is currently incompatible with Sodium. As an alternative, you could use Canvas Renderer or Optifabric until Geckolib 3.0.0 releases, which will be compatible with Sodium.
- If you want to run the mod on a server, make sure you're using 188.8.131.52 - older versions will crash in multiplayer.
If you encounter mob animation issues when using with Optifabric, try disabling your shaders.
Please don't ask for a Forge port. A Forge port is not currently planned, although anyone is free to port it themselves if they wish.