Unlike Bedrock Edition, the Java Edition of Minecraft does not allow players to use a controller to play the game. There are many reasons why players find using a controller a better experience. Controllable not only makes the game more accessible by enabling controller support, it allows multiple instances of the game to be played on the same computer; something you can't do with a mouse and keyboard. Controllable has many exciting features such as: being able to change the binding of every button, allowing you to quick craft with one click from the recipe book, easy navigation of menus and inventory using the direcitonal pad, and the best support for other mods due to it's underlying codebase that developers can easily hook into!
- Run multiple instances of Minecraft to play with friends on the same computer!
- On-screen button hints (just like Bedrock Edition)
- The ability to remap the action of every button
- NEW A customisable radial menu that binds multiple actions to a single button
- NEW Supports binding keybinds from other mods to controller buttons
- A simple API with events for integration into third party mods
🎮 Supported Controllers
Due to the underlying library in the mod, controller support changes across different operating systems. Some controllers are simply not designed to work on PC and only console. You can test if your controller works by plugging it in and checking if it shows up on Gamepad Tester. Make sure you use Google Chrome when viewing website. If your controller does not show, it most likely won't work with Controllable but you can still try. Controllable does not provide support for controllers that don't work!
Controllers that are known to work with Controllable:
- Sony PS4 Wireless Controller (via USB and using DS4Windows)
- Xbox One Controller (via USB, Wireless Adapter, or Bluetooth Wireless)
- Switch Pro Controller
💙 Supported Mods
These mods integrate Controllable into their mod for a better experience and we'd love to see your mod here too! If you would like to get your mod here, please contact @MrCrayfish on Twitter. Please make sure your mod is hosted on CurseForge, and even better open source!
DOCUMENTATION BEING REWRITTEN. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES!
Join MrCrayfish's Discord community for help with installing and configuring mods, notifications of mod updates, development screenshots, and more!