Compost more stuff! Turn excess organic material and rotten food into nutrients for plants.
Use excess organic material, excess food, or rotten food from Food Funk to generate compost - which enhances plant growth like bonemeal.
- Improves Minecraft's composter! Makes many more organic items compostable by default.
- Composter makes compost (configurable, for example can be reverted to "minecraft:bonemeal")
- Compost is weaker than bonemeal, working only 50% of the time (configurable)
- Composter takes more time to generate compost (configurable)
- Since composting generates heat, small puffs of steam will occasionally appear (configurable)
- Make more items compostable in the composter by adding their ids or tags to the configuration file or to compostable_level tags
- Composting values are 0 to 100. The default Minecraft composting values are 30, 50, 65, 85, and 100.
- To override default configuration and make an item not compostable, set the value to 0.
- To make your mod's items compostable, add the items to the compostable_level1 - compostable_level5 tags (which correspond to the default composting levels) in your mod.
- Make any item decompose in the compost bin over a specified time (via configuration).
- Default configuration entries support vanilla Minecraft and other mods.
- Any item from any mod can be specified, and specifiers include support for metadata and ore dictionary names.
Requires Wumple Util Library.
- This mod began as a port to MC 1.12 of the compost bin and compost item from the old Garden Collection mod by Justin Aquadro.
- Food Funk - What is that funky smell in my backpack? Food spoils over time unless preserved. Configure any item to rot, any container to preserve items.
- Canny Composter - Compost more stuff! Turn excess organic material and rotted food into nutrients for plants.
- Mega Map - Cartographers rejoice! Mega zoomed out maps - scales of 5 aka 1:32 and greater!
- Web Slinger - Spiders shoot webbing at you - slinging webs from a distance, or when they hit you in melee!
- Pantography - Copy Map item data to other Maps including different scale Maps.
- Palimpsest - Erase Maps and Books for reuse by rubbing with Redstone Dust.
- Flourishing Foliage - Can't keep a tree down! Tree leaves regrow outward after harvesting if enough tree trunk is left.
- Saplings to Sticks - Strip saplings to get sticks. That's it - nothing more.
- Daring Debug - Do you DARE to see extra debug information? Includes TileEntity and Tag information.
hmmm weird, I added a few item IDs to the "compost amount" section of composter.cfg (e.g. I:"conquest:rice_food"=125) and when the game is loaded, the config resets and removes the new items. Thoughts?
EDIT: I also got composter.cfg_date_time.errored files generated
how do you access the config screen
how in gods name do i add things to the compost list? 1.12.2 just trying to add flowers and things from BoP
Hello, I'm 13 and I'm French so sorry for the spelling but, although I love your mod, I can't often play it because I play more often in version 1.7.10 of minecraft so I wanted to find out if your ambition is to modify your mod for version 1.7.10 or not. Thank you
I hate to be "that guy," but is there any chance this will be available for 1.15?
I am having an issue with this mod. I have set the composters to generate bone meal rather than compost as I use the Dynamic Trees mod and need a source to keep me from running out of wood, but the composters now generate no items.
In reply to Sylveadiff:
Have you tried using "minecraft:dye 15"?
It's the item ID for bonemeal.
Could you add compatibility for Complex Crops?
Would be great if we could use a hopper to remove the decomposed item out of the composter. At the moment, it's hard to automate.
Are there any plans to add Garden Soil and Tilled Garden Soil blocks to the mod as well ?
In reply to Stormwind:
Her a little update for the compatibility with other mods for Composter.
Currently, more than 200 new objects will be compostable., without the mods in the list "in process".
Will send it, if I'm ready.
6. More Beautiful Buttons
8. Garden Stuff
9. ATLCraft Candles Mod
10. Chisel & Bits
12. Unlimited Chisel Works
13. Biomes O' Plenty
14. Underground Biomes
1. Thermal Series (Expansion, etc.)
2. Tinker Construction
3. Familiar Fauna
4. Open Blocks
5. Ender IO
6. Storage Drawers
7. Storage Drawers Extras
14 done, 7 to go. I hope I will finish this week.
Just fyi - version 1.4.0 changes the following:
You may have to break your old pre-1.4.0 composting bin block and place the item again it to get it to continue working - sorry!
Please add wheat seeds and beetroot seeds too the compost mod so i can make compost out of them i love this mod but i would love too see less of the seeds in my chests :D
In reply to Forge_User_01495273:
I have create a issue on the mod site with your idea. Simply it's only a change in the config file. This can be done by every user, but I have find out that really many stuff can't be composted.
If the changes will be accepted I will send the datas from Biomes O' Plenty and Tinker Constructs. But this will take a little more time because there is many stuff to add. ;-)
In reply to Forge_User_01495273: