ChunkBorders provides an easy way to see the edges and centers of chunks, as well as identify your world's spawn chunks and spawn area. This can be very useful for people who play on Towny, Factions, or similar servers where chunk boundaries are important for setting up a town, building, and protection. While Minecraft includes chunk border functionality via F3+G, this mod includes that functionality and expands upon it in a few ways.
- To enable the mod, install it and simply press F9 (by default) in-game.
- You can adjust the radius and other settings using NumPad7 (by default) in-game.
How many chunks in each direction will be visualized for the ground borders (0 will display only the single chunk you're in, up to 16 which is huge).
- Auto Height (Block Below):
Makes the borders render at highest block below the player. Moves as you move.
- Auto Height (Player):
Makes the borders render at the player's feet and move automatically when you change height.
- Manual Height:
Keeps the borders at the same height, adjustable using the (+) and (-) keys by default.
- Show center of current chunk:
Shows the 2x2 chunk center for the chunk you're currently standing in
- Show spawn chunks and spawn area:
Toggles visualizing spawn chunks and the 20x20 spawn area.
For 1.14 and later:
1. Install the Fabric Mod Loader.
2. Download the Fabric API and place the .jar file in the /.minecraft/mods/ folder.
3. Download ChunkBorders and place the .jar file in the /.minecraft/mods/ folder.
4. Launch Minecraft using the Fabric profile.
For 1.12.2 and Earlier
1. Install LiteLoader.
Click here for LiteLoader downloads
2. Download ChunkBorders and place the .litemod file in the /.minecraft/mods/ folder. Do not change the extension from .litemod or it will not load.
3. Launch Minecraft using the LiteLoader profile.