Notice: I will not be updating to newer versions of Minecraft at this time. The plan is to finish up content, correct all issues, and then port my JSON system over. Only then will I update my mods to 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12. I have no clue how long this will take and will not give an ETA if asked. - DarkGuardsman 6/2/2017
Assembly Line is a mod that focuses on large scale automation of factory-like environments. Its main feature is transportation & automation systems that integrate with a large series of machines. Its secondary feature is mass production type machines that can process items on a large scale without conventional pipe inputs.
- Inserter - Moves items from one inventory to another. Works with autocrafters to assembly items. See ICBM mod for warhead & missile auto crafting.
- Rails - Custom rails not based on MC's existing rails for transporting carts on all 6 sides of the block
- Stop Rails - stops a cart, can be controlled by redstone
- Load Rails- loads items onto carts
- Unload Rails - unloads items from carts
- Rotation Rails - rotates the car
- Orientation Rails - changes the side of the rail the cart is attached to
- Splitter Rails - rail that distributes carts evenly in two directions
- Armbot- From the original 1.2.5 - 1.6.4 versions
- Belts - From the original 1.2.5 - 1.6.4 versions
- Manipulator - From the original 1.2.5 - 1.6.4 versions
- Belt machines - concept from the 1.2.5 version, machines that fit over the belts for quick processing
Questions and Answers
Q: Was Calclavia the original author?
A: No, he did create the first belts but was not the author of Assembly Line. After making the first blocks he traded the mod off to Elusive Hawk and then to me. I took the mod called it Assembly Line and brought Calclavia back into the project.
Q: Why so long to update the mod?
A: When I merged the mod into Resonant Induction I basically gave up on the idea. Recently I decided I wanted to work on the concept of advanced automation. This started with giving the new rail blocks a home in the mod.
Q: When will content "XXXXX" be added back?
A: Either when I get enough time or interest in reviving the content. Right now there are enough mods that fill the needs of a few of the old items. Belts are a great example of this with at least 12 mods having low tech versions. Don't worry though, I will rebuild every piece of content and give it a new flair of creativity.