For MC Forge 1.10.x, 1.11.x, and 1.12.x
Support Animania! Become a Patreon!
All Versions of Animania Now REQUIRE the the Craft Studio API Mod:
As of version 2.0.0, Animania has been split into Addons! To get the Animania Animals that you used to get, you need to download the Farm Addon and the Extra Addon! Additionally, all configs need to be regenerated!
What is Animania?
Animania is an immersive mod that replaces and improves the passive animals in Minecraft, adding multiple breeds, genders, new behaviors, and several new species.
Please note that this mod is still new (so there are bugs). Help us out by reporting issues here: https://github.com/capnkirok/animania/issues
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/7ne2Dqp
- Better models, textures, and animations
- Proper feed and care of animals
- Improved breeding and more realistic child growth
- More accurate behaviors and actions
- New and better resources and products
- For animals to be happy, they must have access to a consistent supply of food and water, and in some cases (like Pigs) need a place to have fun (like a mud pit)
- If attacked, some animals will run in fear for an extended period of time and may act more unpredictably near you. Others may attack back (like the Bull).
- If animals do not eat or drink, they become unhappy. They will become weaker, make less noise, and emit smoke particles.
- Animals will only breed or drop their top resources when they are happy, so you are encouraged to take good care of your animals and their environment.
- Animals can be fed and watered using Troughs filled with water, open ponds or rivers, or by hand (with a water bucket)
- Animals will eagerly eat their favorite foods or drink from a water bucket by hand
See What's Happening:
- Please note: on 1.11 and 1.12 versions, the WAILA or TOP mod can display additional information about what's happening in the world, simply by pressing Sneak while viewing animals or blocks. This includes animal information like if they are Hungry, Thirsty, Pregnant, Pregnancy Timer, Ready to Shear, Ready for Milking, Looking for Nest, Wool Regrowth Timer. Block information can include info like Nest Type, RF Generated (Hamster Wheel), and Trough contents and amount remaining.
- The new animals are found all over the overworld, located in different biomes and biome types more accurate to their species and breeds (Animania is fully compatible with Biome Dictionary and mods like Biomes O' Plenty).
- To make friends with animals, simply give them their favorite food. See animal types below to learn more.
- There are achievements/advancements for each breed. Collect them all and win big prizes. Note: Prizes equal the amount of sheer satisfaction you get from accomplishing things in video games.
- New species and breeds will constantly be added to the game.
- All animals can use a lead (you will need it). A simple recipe for Lead has been included in the mod.
- You can easily name animals in the mod. A simple recipe for Name Tags has been included int he mod (String + Gold Nugget)
- On the 1.11 and 1.12 versions of Animania, there is a strong integration with WAILA, TOP, and JEI, which will give you additional information about your animals and items. We highly recommend using these as companions.
- Moving animals can be done very easily with the Carry On mod (which was developed for Animania originally)
- Animania Cows, Chickens, and Horses, extend the vanilla counterparts and are compatible with Cooking for Blockheads, Hatchery, Astikoor and others.
- Animania is compatible with world generation mods such as Biomes o' Plenty
- The Trough is automatable and can work with other mods that have Pipes such as Immersive Engineering
- Most resources in the game are in OreDictionary and should be compatible with mods like HarvestCraft.
- Vanilla items and resources still drop from Animania mobs in case you need them for other mods. You can also customize the individual drops from any animal in the config.
- Though Animania replaces vanilla animals, this can be also turned off in the config if you want to keep them in game. Animania animals play well will vanilla animals.
Please feel free to use this mod in any modpack, public or private. There is no need to notify or ask us, please just mention Purplicious_Cow and RazzleberryFox in the pack if you do make it public, and link back to this forum post.
Habitats and Miscellany
- Troughs can currently hold Water, Slop, or Wheat
- On 1.11 and 1.12 versions, Corn from Simple Corn, and Barley and Oats from HarvestCraft
- (1.11, 1.12) Troughs can be configured to accept all sorts of items (from any mod), and animals can be configured to eat these items as well.
- You can either hand place these items in or throw them at the Trough
- All animals can drink from troughs
- Pigs, Cows, Horses, Sheep and Goats can eat from Troughs
- Troughs are compatible with Droppers and Redstone Comparators, for automation purposes
- (1.11, 1.12) Troughs can additionally connect to Pipes, Hoppers, and inventory manipulating mods
- (1.11, 1.12) Using WAILA or The One Probe will show you more information about your Trough contents, including amount available
- Nests are for Chickens to lay eggs, and can be made with 1 Wool, 1 Stick, and some Leaves (yes, you will need Shears)
- Chickens will only lay eggs if they are happy (fed and watered)
- Mud can be made with 1 Dirt and a Water Bucket
- Mud pits should be at elast 2 x 3 size+ for best enjoyment
- Pig slop can be made with a milk bucket and any 2 of the following bread, potato, carrots, and beets
Pig Slop Recipe
Salt & Salt Lick
- Salt Licks are blocks that you can place near certain animals that will heal them when they have less than full health.
- Salt Licks work for: Cows, Horses, Sheep, Pigs, and Goats
Salt Lick Recipe
- Salt is created by pouring a bucket of water into the Cheese Mold and waiting for the Water to evaporate. The cheese mold is only available if the Farm addon is installed.
- All animals in Animania can use Leads
- When you can’t build a fence, it might be easier to tie your animal to a post temporarily
- Animania includes a simple recipe for creating nametags to help you keep track of your animals
- With WAILA installed, using Sneak will reveal the name of Mates / Parents if they have Custom Names
Sheep(now in 1.3) Goats(now in 1.3) Cats(now in Cats & Dogs addon) Rabbits(now in 1.3)
- Other Birds
Working dogs(now in Cats & Dogs addon) Salt licks(now in 1.3) Draft Horses(now in 1.2) Hedgehogs(now in 1.2)
Thank You to Our Patreons!
- Gunnar Kelley
- Stacy Hinojosa
- Ice Kold
- Björn Herrström
- Tilt Parenting
- Joseph McVay
- Scott Radish
- Nicoloas Heather
- Original idea by RazzleberryFox, with inspiration from Purplicious_Cow and cy4n
- Models and entity textures by RazzleberryFox, Raptorfarian, JurassicAlien, vroulas,
- Item textures, logos, and Blender renders by cy4n
- Development by Purplicious_Cow and Tschipp
- Animation, CraftStudio API by ZeAmateis and Timmypote
- Ferret Model Wulfyk
- Special thanks to modochu for his open source hamster mod!
Many thanks to all who contributed so that people all over the world can play! You rock!
- Bulgarian @JohnArmyTweetin
- Danish Ruukas
- German @derfl007 & ACGaming
- Spanish @ivandpf (original translation: @4karion)
- Finnish @ItsTehi
- French @Phyapple
- Hebrew @ren_doge_ + @ido102003ItsMe
- Italian @SgtDarkHawk
- Japanese SaziumR
- Norwegian @The_Larsinator
- Portuguese (BR) @AlgumSavage
- Portuguese @AlgumSavage
- Swedish @GoatZizGoat
Find us on Reddit
Purplicious_Cow is u/purplicious_cow
Tschipp is u/Tschipp