Nether Survival Tweaks
is a collection of datapacks that aim to make Nether starts more possible. They add the following features:
• Composter Water:
Harvesting the Bone Meal from a full Composter will fill an empty Glass Bottle in your hand. This allows water to be produced in The Nether.
• Cauldron Transmutation:
Items can be transmuted in a Cauldron at the cost of Nether Wart. This provides a means of obtaining Redstone and Lapis Lazuli in The Nether.
This process requires a full Cauldron, so Composter Water or some other datapack is recommended to avoid having to go to the Overworld.
Glowstone Dust ⟷ Redstone
Quartz ⟷ Lapis Lazuli
• Place a Campfire (or Soul Campfire to go in reverse) under a full Cauldron
• Place an Item Frame on top of the Cauldron
• Put your ingredient in the Item Frame
• Toss a Nether Wart into the Cauldron
• Rotate the Item Frame with a Stick
• Left click the resulting item out of the (now invisible) Item Frame
• Diamond Crafting:
Wither Skeletons now drop Dense Coal instead of normal Coal. This can be cooked on a Soul Campfire to produce DIamonds. This provides a means of obtaining DIamonds in The Nether.