Minecraft PvP is broken. This plugin will aim to "balance" PvP a little bit so that on your survival/pvp servers it's not a case of the strong (and hackers) survive and the weak ragequit and never come back, which eventually leads to the strong leaving too because there is no one left to kill.
PwnPvpBalance will aim to clean up some issues with PvP and make it a little more fun and balanced. We have a few ideas on how we are going to do that but welcome your ideas as well.
The primary function of PwnPvpBalance is a player matchup balancer that watches fights between players, and if one player is being dominant over another player, it initializes the killstreak balance debuff. Basically a threshold can be configured, and when the dominant player breaks that threshold of X kills in a row, his damage output starts getting nerfed. See this sample data - Killstreak nerf sample data
- Killstreak shield: If player A kills player B too many times in a row, player B will become invulnerable to player A... OR
- Killstreak nerf: If player A kills player B too many times in a row, Player B will receive a protection buff that limits player A's damage incrementally as the killstreak grows.
- Persist killstreak stats through player disconnects, but not server restarts (optional)
- Armor weighting: Players with no armor / leather armor gain speed boosts, players with iron / diamond get speed nerfs. These are not drastic, and will eventually be configurable.
- Stop your server.
- Place the PwnPvpBalance.jar in your /plugins directory.
- Start your server, note that the /plugins/PwnPvpBalance/config.yml file has been created.
- Stop your server.
- Edit the /plugins/PwnPvpBalance/config.yml to your liking.
- Start your server.
Note: It is important to always test ANY plugin you install prior to deploying it for production, you as a server admin, should always consider this to be Rule #1 of running a server.
See the configuration page for the latest config.yml available - Latest Config.yml
/ppb reload - reloads the config.yml for on the fly updates /ppb save - saves the in memory config back to config.yml
pvpbal.commands - access to the reload and save commands
To-do Features / Bugs
Complete initial release
- Implement permissions
- Handle OP / Creative Mode
- Add additional functionality
Instead of full invulnerability shield, create a damage buff/debuff system that can be applied with a (see next) Sliding point scale Balance armor sets with speed boosts/nerfs
- Add commands
- Use a database or flatfile storage to persist stats across plugin/server reloads
- Other balance ideas?
Links & Info
- PwnFilter - Absolutely the best and most powerful chat and command filtering plugin available. Also does aliases, scripting, sign and anvil text filtering and so much more.
- PwnPlantGrowth - Take control over plant growth, per biome configuration on all growables.
- PwnChickenLay - Configure or block how fast chickens can lay eggs, or replace eggs with other items like diamonds, bricks, anything you can think of.
- ResPwn - Player respawn options like temporary forcefield (currently in beta).
- Pwn9.com - Visit the Pwn9 Gaming Community, the place we call home. Check out our Minecraft servers, other game servers and fun gaming community.
- IRC Channel: Join #pwn9 on irc.esper.net - feel free to ask plugins questions on the channel or just come hang out with us.
This plugin utilizes bStats plugin metrics system, which means that some information is collected and sent to bstats.org.
If you don't want that your server sends data to bStats you can disable it by setting enabled to false in the bStats config file. The config can be found in the /plugins/bStats/config.yml file. bStats has nearly no effect on your server's performance and the sent data is completely anonymous so please consider twice if you really want to disable it.