Ever PVP someone or PVE a mob and get no good loot? Feel like you deserve a trophy for your victory? Want a simpler alternative to bigger plugins that implement everything but the kitchen sink? Then PlayerHeads is right for you! You can now lop off enemies heads in battle, and mount it on a pole for all to fear, wear your opponent's face as a mask like camouflage, or just collect all of the mob heads.
Place PlayerHeads.jar in your plugins folder, on server start the configuration will be generated. Remember to remove any outdated playerheads jars when adding the new one.
If you can't be bothered to read the rest of this page, then just watch this video by Awesome_Soul:
Server: aztecmc.org (rare drops are enabled for mob and player-heads)
- PlayerHeads is now translatable! Edit "lang.properties" to whatever phrases you desire.
- lang files will change between releases, when updating be sure to delete the old file if you haven't edited it.
- If you've given people the * permission node, they will get 100% drop rates. If you don't want this to happen, deny (or add negative) nodes for the following: playerheads.alwaysbehead and playerheads.alwaysbeheadmob
- If you want to disable head drops in a specific world, use your permission plugin to deny (or add negative) nodes for the following in that world: playerheads.canbehead and playerheads.canbeheadmob
- If you have any problem using "lang_[language]_[country]_[variant].properties" for any reason, just use the file name "lang.properties" to override messages.
- Spawn mob heads with the following names: #creeper #zombie #skeleton #wither #spider #enderman #enderdragon ... (any many more!)
- Renamed heads (with an anvil) don't stay renamed after placing, mining, dropping them.
- If for any reason your mob heads loose their name, you can get it back by placing and mining it.
- If you use the plugin on a 1.8-1.12.2 server, you should read about some notes here as well.
- If you use the BountyHunters plugin and you have enabled head drops for bounties as well as player head drops from PlayerHeads, both will be dropped - for now, you should disable one or the other. Alternative solutions are being looked at.
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
Sourcecode / API documentation
We've included the entire sourcecode via github:
Third-party plugin-developers can view the PlayerHeads API documentation at the following link: https://crashdemons.github.io/PlayerHeads/
Current versions of the plugin have been tested as compatible on the following server environments:
- Spigot 1.8-1.12.2
- Spigot 1.13-1.13.2
- Spigot 1.14-1.14.3 (with v4.9.4 or higher)
- Paper 1.8-1.12.2
- Paper 1.13-1.13.2
- Paper 1.14-1.14.3 (with v4.9.4 or higher)
Server environments that are known to be incompatible:
- Glowstone 1.12 (only partial support is available)
Support should exist for any modern bukkit server with access to authlib which is needed to set textures.
Legacy version notes:
- 5.x drops support for older usernamed-based mobheads (3.x), fixing some longstanding issues with spawn commands; uses vanilla and texured heads exclusively (4.x)
- 4.x introduces new, more reliable support for head textures, more configuration options, updated mobs, and more consistent permission behavior and will continue to receive updates in the future - some older configurations may be incompatible (see the changelog and Configuration page). This version automatically upgrades 3.x heads to 4.x when breaking or dropping heads.
- 3.x maintains the original behavior of the plugin with username-based mobheads, but head skins may be less reliable over time and support has been discontinued.