Tired of blocks called Sand? Want your enderpearls to say Grenade instead? Want to add extra lines of text below item names? Do all that and more with ItemRenamer. You can create your own custom item names for all items in your server, but still let users rename with an anvil. You can create your very own language pack!
- Download ProtocolLib and put it in your plugins folder
- Place ItemRenamer.jar in your plugins folder, on server start the configuration will be generated
- Test out the example config by setting your world to run the example pack, to see how it works
- Go crazy and make your own language pack
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server.
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
ItemRenamer 2.0.0 contains a fully-fledged API. Click here for more information.
Default configuration can be found here.
|autoupdate||true||[true/false]||Will remind you when a new version is available|
|creativedisable||true||[true/false]||Will disable ItemRenamer while you're in creative mode|
|worlds.<worldname>||Pack name||Will set this world to run the pack you put here|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.<data>.name||Any string||Will rename itemid:data to your string|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.all.name||Any string||Will rename all itemid data values to your string|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.other.name||Any string||Will rename all unset itemid data values to your string|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.<data>.name||Any string||Will add your name to itemid:data|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.<data>.lore||Any string||Will add your lore list to itemid:data|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.<first>-<last>.name||Any string||Will add your name to every itemid with a data value of the give range.|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.<first>-<last>.lore||Any string||Will add your lore list to every itemid with a data value of the give range.|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.all.lore||Any string||Will add your lore list to all itemid data values|
|packs.<packname>.<itemid>.other.lore||Any string||Will add your lore list to all unset itemid data values|
- Note: place lore in [square brackets] OR on seperate lines starting with a dash -
If you want to customize the renamer pack for a specific group of players, regardless of world, you may use the player info itempack along with the desired renamer pack. This feature requires Vault and a permission/chat plugins that supports player info.
This can be done as follows with PermissionEx:
users: Player: group: - Members options: itempack: none
It's possible to configure ItemRenamer without ever having to touch the configuration file or deal with the more complicated (but powerful) commands. Simply select an item you want to rename, and type the following:
/renamer select hand
That will select your current item's ID and durability (except for armor and tools), along with any enchantments, potion/fireworks effect, etc. Then use set name and add lore to rename the item and every other like it on the server:
/renamer set name Nameless Tool /renamer add lore Unknown Artifact
This will automatically be applied to the current world you're in. Use "renamer set pack" to apply it to a different item pack, or teleport to the world with the item pack you want to rename.
- Change whether or not to automatically check for updates:
/renamer set setting autoupdate [true|false]
- Get what item pack has been assigned to a particular world:
/renamer get world [world_name]
- Assign an item pack to the given world:
/renamer set world [world_name] [pack_name]
- Add a new item pack:
/renamer add pack [pack_name]
- Delete an item pack:
/renamer delete pack [pack_name]
- Select a item pack to use for all subsequent commands:
/renamer select pack [pack_name]
- Rename all items similar to the one the player currently is holding:
/renamer select hand
- Deselect the current item pack, going back to manually typing it:
/renamer select none
- Get the rename rule for a particular item:
/renamer get item [pack_name] [itemID] [all|other|0-32767]
- Set the name of an item(s) matching a single or multiple damage values:
/renamer set name [pack_name] [itemID] [all|other|0-32767] [0-32767] [name (with spaces)]
- Add a new lore line to an item(s) matching a single or multiple damage values:
/renamer add lore [pack_name] [itemID] [all|other|0-32767] [0-32767] [lore (with spaces)]
- Remove all the existing lores for a particular set of items:
/renamer delete lore [pack_name] [itemID] [all|other|0-32767] [0-32767]
- Add a new enchantment to a set of items: /renamer add enchantment [pack_name] [itemID] [all|other|0-32767] [0-32767] [enchantment_name] [level]
- Remove an existing enchantment for a set of items: /renamer remove enchantment [pack_name] [itemID] [all|other|0-32767] [0-32767] [enchantment_name] [level]
- Reload configuration:
- Save configuration now instead of during server shutdown:
All commands default to OP, but also have permissions.
It is also possible to add or remove existing enchantments to any given item. The easiest method is to mark the item you want to modify in your hotbar, and type the following command:
/renamer select hand /renamer add enchantment NO_ATTRIBUTES 1
Every vanilla enchantment is supported:
- Bow: POWER, PUNCH, INFINITY, FLAME
- Weapon: SHARPNESS, BANE_OF_ARTHROPODS, SMITE, FIRE_ASPECT, KNOCKBACK, LOOTING, UNBREAKING
- Tool: FORTUNE, EFFICIENCY, UNBREAKING, SILK_TOUCH
- Armor: RESPIRATION, PROTECTION, BLAST_PROTECTION, FEATHER_FALLING, FIRE_PROTECTION, PROJECTILE_PROTECTION, THORNS, AQUA_AFFINITY
There's also three custom enchantments:
- GLOW 1: Preserve the enchantment glow with no visible enchantment name
- NO_ATTRIBUTES 1: Remove all the attribute lines introduced in 1.6.1 and 1.6.2.
- NO_DURABILITY 0: Remove any visible durability on the item. Switch out 0 with any other number to force a durability value.
itemrenamer.config.get — read-only access to configs
itemrenamer.config.set — can edit configs or reload from disk
itemrenamer.update — gets a notification when update is ready, and can use update command
- Join us on irc at: irc://esper.net/ItemRenamer
- Items in the creative menu are only client-side, and thus cannot be renamed by this plugin. But creative players will see their items renamed in the main inventory bar.
- This plugin doesn't actually edit any items, they just appear renamed .. if you were to suddenly stop using this plugin all items should go back to normal
- If a player renames an item in an anvil, that name should take precedence over the ItemRenamer one
- When setting lore in game make sure to wrap the text in square brackets, each line separated by a comma, and enclosed in quotes if it contains special characters
Access the source code via GitHub:
The EULA doesn't prohivit this. You can upload it safely.
So what are the permissions for the commands??
1.8 Spigot. More specifically, a build from the 10th of January. I wont upload that one due to the eula and due to my slow internet's insane uploading times.
I'm having issues with this version of ItemRenamer and ProtocolLib provided. What version of Minecraft are you using?
Alright, so, here we go:
And I tried it with three 1.8 dev ProtocolLib versions, of which only one seemed to work.
Keep in mind. This version works, but only barely. It gives errors on startup, but it runs smoothly. I dont know how good it will run on a crowded server, but this does well for 10-80 slots I'd say (didn't try on anything bigger than that).
Credit goes to aadnk and Meiskam for creating the two plugins, Credit goes to Woolwind for updating it to (barely) run on 1.8 Credit goes to myself for proper research on the project and experimenting around with versions until it worked :D
Please keep in mind this is a one-of-a-kind plugin that has no worthy replacement so far. If you could include the ProtocolLib part this uses into the actual plugin and make it run better on 1.8 (simply use woolwind's source, its forked from your github), that would be great. This plugin is essential for many servers. And woolwind's source wont work forever. I guess your plugin community would greatly appreciate an update. And with Spigot being on a stable course, 1.8 Plugins arent actually as much of a problem as Bukkitgate originally made many coders feel like.
I'm not opposed to posting a link to an unofficial version when there is no official alternative, provided the link is labeled as such. I don't believe it is against the BukkitDev rules, but you could check with an administrator just to be sure.
I realize I probably should have posted a statement regarding the future of ItemRenamer much earlier, but I have been very preoccupied. I can only apologize.
Now, I can't really imagine working ItemRenamer after last years debacle with Bukkit and Mojang. Especially considering that I've already quit developing ProtocoLib for that very reason. If anyone else would like to take over, they're more than welcome.
Yes, I do have a version that works on 1.8, but only with a specific version of ProtocolLib (a dev build), and it does throw a whole bunch of errors on startup. So, it works, but barely. It is the version that woolwind made on github, so, her fork.
If you guys want that version, I suggest you either message woolwind, or the developers of this plugin and ask them if it is okay if I provide a download link.
I would love it if you could update this to work with Spigot 1.8!
Thank you! Carbonx_09
Do you have an update on this new version yet? I hope to work with it soon!
Guys, there is hope! I found a fork on Github, from "woolwind", that was last edited in February 2015 and the latest commit message says: re-enabled component register. added debug statement and now it works.
Might mean that that version works on 1.8! One of my coders currently compiles it, afterwards we'll see if it actually does work, and which ProtocolLib version it needs.
I hope this plugin gets updated for 1.8 :D it's been really useful for my server, since I rename default vanilla armour and weapons to tier 1 weapons (in my crafting system). E.g, "Diamond Sword" goes to "Crude Diamond Sword (T1)"
Is this plugin being updated?
Could you please take a look at this error log? [ItemRenamer] Unhandled exception occured in onPacketSending(PacketEvent) for ItemRenamer http://pastebin.com/GbBq0XQG
The newest version still break with newest spigot 1.8. Can't wait to see the full updated version :)
Edit: a suggestion, sending fake metadata to client, so we can use default texture rather than "the missing texture" in 1.8 .(in 1.8 texture can modified per metadata)
I am quite sure that you guys are aware of this issue but I'm going to leave it here anyways: http://pastebin.com/qDFb18ML, you should move over to Spigot forums as it seems like you guys will have to compile this plugin with Spigot as API, great work on this plugin, just got my server back and I am looking forward to use this again!
Enchant Lore (and the lore you find on Discs) are handled differently. They're not really "lore", more like built-in text. You might want to try playing around with "GLOW" (judging by its description) but I'm not sure if it will work or not.
Does NO_ATTRIBUTES 1 hide enchant lore? It doesn't seem to remove things like "Efficiency I" on tools.
Would love to see this one updated to spigot 1.8 Great plugin!