Surface Mounted Lights
The stock light parts are designed to light the distant objects. However, the station itself needs some lighting to be usable when passing thru the dark side of the celestial body. The lighting parts in this mod are designed to highlight the surface, on which they are mounted.
Illuminates a small area on the vessel's surface.
Illuminate the parts and objects at a small distance.
4Way Spot light
A special version of the spot light that emits light in 4 perpendicular directions. Each light can be adjusted and controlled independently.
- All lights allow setting the color of the light.
- The stock lights get an ability to change the lens color. It make them looking much cooler.
You can support this and the other of my mods on Patreon. This is where I post my ideas, prototypes and the features development progress.
How to install
- Install and run CKAN.
- Search for "Surface Mounted Lights", then install the mod.
- Occasionally run CKAN client to update the mod to the latest version.
- Download the ZIP archive:
- If you have an older version of the mod in your game, you must delete all the old files first! Do not just copy over, this will likely result in compatibility issues.
- Unzip the release archive into the game's
- Note, that names of the folders must be exactly like in the archive or the mod won't work.
- The release archive contains a minimum version of the required dependency:
ModuleManager. If your game has better versions, do not overwrite!
- Verify the installation: the mod's
LICENSE.mdfile must be located at
Ask questions and propose suggestions on the forum.