A stock-alike parts pack with 67 parts that fills in a variety of gaps in the stock lineup of rocketry parts.
zer0Kerbal, originally by
adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo
Modular Rocket Systems is a parts pack for KSP, with the following design goals:
- Fill in some of the gaps in the selection of stock parts. For example, size-3 and size-0 SAS modules, and size-3 monopropellant tanks.
- Preserve the stock balance. All parts have their costs, masses, and capacities chosen based on stock analogs.
- Provide some additional cosmetic choices. Examples include the 2.5m fuel tanks, and various nose cones. They have direct analogs in the stock line-up, and share the same stats, but give you additional aesthetic options.
- Maintain a stock-like appearance and seamlessly fit into the game, while following its own artistic style. This one is trickier, but by taking cues from the stock-parts, it's possible to make something new, that also fits with the game's existing aesthetic.
- Be friendly to your CPU/GPU. Very importantly, these parts follow most of the stock-part rules for how polygons are used, and collision meshes are configured. They shouldn't reduce your framerate any more than the stock parts do.
All of the models and textures were made 100% from scratch, using Blender, Photoshop, and Unity. The only exception is the "mini orange tank" which borrowed a scaled-down sample of the orange pattern from the stock Jumbo Orange tank.
Modular Rocket Systems is also the in-game manufacturer of these parts, and they will appear as an agency that can provide contracts for career mode (assuming I've set it up right - untested), and have a flag available for use as well.
(Note that the stats, appearances, and descriptions of the parts shown below are subject to change, or may be out of date)
- Russian (Русский) - спасибо evanisrael
- your translation here
- Compatibility patches
- Contracts for these glorious parts
- Updated sample crafts/subassemblies
- Variant Textures and model updates (add/improve lights, iva, hatches and so forth)
- Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
- Translations: See the README's in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quick start guide(s). GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
- Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.
Most recent releases only available via CurseForge/OverWolf Website/App
- 📌 Pinned
NecroBonessuite of mods that play nicely together
- Lithobrake Exploration Technologies (LET) lander parts, large chutes/legs/ladders/etc
- SpaceY Corporation (SYC)
- Color Coded Canisters (CCC) beautification replacement models/textures for stock tanks, with color-coded end caps, and auto-closing shrouds
- ColorFuel Lines (CFL) color-selectable fuel lines
- Joolian Discovery (JOOL)
- Modular Rocket Systems (MRS) stock-alike parts pack, NASA-like alternatives, and filling the gaps
- Modular Rocket Systems LITE (MRSL)
- SeaDragon (SEA)
- The Burger Mod (BURG)
- The Elephant Engine (ELEP)
- The collection of Fuel Tanks Plus Ltd (FTPL) large stock-like tanks with Color Coded Canister style:
- Adjustable Mod Panel (KAMP)
- B9 Stock Patches
- Behemoth Aerospace Engineering (BAE)
- Biomatic (BIO)
- Docking Port Descriptions (DPD)
- DRELite (DREL) <small>Start the game. Watch the firey death.</small>
- Exception Detector (EXCD)
- Field Training Facility (FTF)
- Field Training Lab (FTL)
- Gimbal Trim (TRIM)
- GPO (Goo Pumps & Oils') Speed Pump (GPO)
- Kaboom! (BOOM)
- MoarKerbals (MOAR)
- Near Future Rovers (NFR)
- OhScrap! (OHS)
- On Demand Fuel Cells (ODFC)
- Precise Maneuver (PM)
- Pteron (MSRV)
- ScrapYard (SCRAP)
- SimpleConstruction! (SCON)
- SimpleLogistics! (SLOG)
- SimpleNotes! (NOTE)
- Space Shuttle Engines (SSE)
- Stack Inline Lights (SIL)
- Foundations (FND) <small>Helps prevent ground constructions from floating away</small>
- By Kerbal Hacks Ltd (KHL)
- by Axial Aerospace
- Fuel Switchers:
- Community Tech Tree (ctt) - <small>extends the stock technology tree with lots of new nodes for your favorite parts packs to fill.*</small>
- Connected Living Space (CLS)
- Engine Ignitor (ign)
- HotRockets! (hot)
- Ferram Aerospace Research (far)
- RemoteTech (RT)
- TweakScale (twk)
- ModularManagement (MM) or Module Manager
parts, config, flags, agency, textures, variants, control, graphics, sound, resources, science, tech-tree, career, crewed, uncrewed
red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date
Credits and Special Thanks
Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)
Author (1) -
Original Author (ROOT) (0):
All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo
How to support this and other great mods by
Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe
Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot!
and it is true.