This is a "DU Labs" release*
WoWQR allows you to generate QR codes for most in-game links and targets, for quick access to the relevant wowhead.com page, or, for targets that are players, their armory page - using a mobile device that has a barcode scanner that supports QR Codes.
*NEW!* Player Links
Now you can get a QR code for a character's Armory, right from the chat window!
Just as you would shift+click on an item, with the edit box open, to use WoWQR for items, do the same with any bracketed player link in the chat window. While the name that appears in the edit box will no longer have the brackets, it will still work just as fine. Simply hit Enter, and an Armory link for that player will appear, in QR Code form.
The following game links are supported:
- Player Abilities/Spells
- Battle Pets
- Toy Box
- Garrison/Class Hall Followers new
- Garrison/Class Hall Follower Abilities new
- Garrison/Class Hall Missions new
To generate the QR Code, type in the following command, while adding the desired object's link - so it looks like:
/qr [object link here]
upon hitting enter, the QR code will appear. Hitting any key after it shows up, will hide it again.
WoWQR Currently supports NPCs, Vehicles, Players, Non-Combat pets/Battle Pets, and Class Pets
To use this feature, simply target the unit you wish to look up, and enter the following slash command
upon hitting enter, the QR code will appear. Hitting any key after it shows up will hide it again.
- This addon currently only supports players on US realms. Other realm locales may be supported, based on if I can find a way to tell what the realm locale is, and whether or not there is interest from non US realms.
- Wowhead links on the other hand, should work regardless of realm, or even client locale.
- Feedback is important! My priority for further development on this addon is influenced solely by your interest.
*DU Labs is a personal category for releases that exist in some degree of "proof-of-concept" status. These addons are not likely to have much polish, and may not be complete in terms of support and features, but will provide at least some degree of usefulness, in order to illustrate the concept. Projects under this category may be incorporated into full featured addons, or may be developed further if enough interest is shown by the community.