Weapon Swing Timer - Sixx Fix
Continuing my improvements of the WST addon originally by LeftHandedGlove. Huge thanks to him for starting it! Description from original WST for simplicity.
WeaponSwingTimer is an addon for WoW Classic that tracks your's and your target's swing timers.
If you're a hunter, it tracks Auto Shot timing and castable shots cast time.
If you use a wand, it also tracks when your shots will go off.
The melee bars track the player's and target's main-hand and off-hand swings.
It resets on abilities that would reset a swing timer, such as Warrior's Slam, and also takes parry haste into account.
Both frames can be moved around with the typical click-and-drag.
A configuration window can be brought up with /wst where more visual options are available.
Hunter / Wand Bars
The shot bars track the player's Auto Shot / Shoot timing and also track the cast time for Aimed Shot and Multi-Shot. The shot bar turns white when an Auto Shot / Shoot projectile leaves the player.
While the bar is white, the player can move and cast freely without clipping their next Auto Shot or Shoot.
When the white bar is depleted, the player should stand still while their Auto Shot or Shoot is 'casting'.
- Download the latest .zip file for your WoW version.
- Wait for the zip file to download.
- Unzip the WeaponSwingTimer folder into Interface\Addons.
- It should look like Interface\Addons\WeaponSwingTimer\WeaponSwingTimer.toc
A summary of the changes can be found below:
07/29/2020 v 5.0
- Aimed Shot and Multi-shot cast bars now properly show haste effects
- Successfully casting an ability even with aimed/multi cast bars turned off will no longer show a green overlapping bar
- "Failed" will no longer display (It was driving me nuts saying failed right after a successful cast)
- Added in extra timer to show the auto shot delay while moving. It sometimes looks funny but know that it's just showing you it is delayed and you can continue to move based on the retry timer, toggleable in the options
- haste is now applied ON NEXT SHOT rather than immediately in the bar
- Added swing timer resets upon feign death, casting true shot aura, or moving after feign death
- Fixed an issue where the swing timer would reset itself while either casting an ability or just in general randomly
- Modified the multi-shot clip bar to better reflect where you would clip an auto by casting multi-shot.
- changed default setting to not have the ugly borders
- Cast times of auto shot is now properly reflected on the small timer display inside the bar, based on haste, rather than arbitrarily using 0.6 or 0.7
10/5/2020 v 5.1
- Adjust range speed to be current ranged speed on initialize rather than arbitrary 3 (helps with wands and initial auto cast after reload)
- Added additional checks for FD status to reset swing timer properly
- Attempted pushback logic but couldn't get oncombatlogunfiltered to work
- Adjusted Aimed Shot's swing timer reset to actually set the auto cast time to show that it's always ready to start from casting aimed
- Added additional check for Shoot (mostly just for wands)
- commented out some logic that set rangespeed to 3 if it was 0 (shouldn't be needed anymore)
- Changed visual multi-shot clip bar to also adjust with haste
- Added several fixes presented by someone on the WST github for improving casting, the "succeeded", "interrupted", and "failed" display.
- Inverted anchor points for auto shot bar and cast bar, so that the cast bar always appears above the auto shot bar and the auto shot bar is not shifted.
- Added a fix for gaining haste in same batch as cast, it wouldn't update the cast time even though it would be applied to the actual cast time.
- Made minor adjustment to aimed shot cast time to be closer to actual cast time (3.05 instead of 3.0)
- Fixed wands not working properly, seems to be working now.
10/6/2020 v 5.1.1
- Fixed an issue with the cast bar overlays for success, fail, interrupt to display even when cast bars are disabled in settings.
10/6/2020 v 5.1.2
- Fixed lua error for undefined "setting" variable.