Currently Being Rewritten For <Knights of Insomnia> [Mankrik]
TriviaBot allows the user to host quiz games for other players.
Spamming it in /say in crowded places or /general is not a good idea,
but Blizzard's spam prevention makes it alot harder to abuse it that way currently.
It's a nice and safe pass-time among consenting adults. :-)
Used best in the custom channel, a party with friends or to liven up that "dead" guild chat.
If you wish to join in on the development of TriviaBot and join a really nice Horde guild, then allow me to suggest - Knights of Insomnia - [H] [Mankrik]
Feel free to join our Discord for more information on the guild: https://discord.gg/EWB8G3T
Triviabot is now updated for 7.2.5. As the game has updated numerous times since the last update we are releasing a triviabot beta. Any comments on errors would be greatly appreciated.
- Invalid channel count output in towns and cities
- /triviabot or /trivia to bring up it's control panel.
- then you can use the dropdowns to select among different Question Lists and Categories.
- set the output and customize the announce intervals, reporting options etc.
- /trivia help will list other commands.
- !tb help whispered to a game host will list other whisper commands.
With version 2.8.0 and later
TriviaBot no longer contains pre-packaged Quizzes with the main download!
- Quizzes are instead coming in the form of separate Load on Demand addons called Quiz plugins.
- This allows the game to load much faster since Question Lists are not loaded until the Quiz host selects them from the TriviaBot control panel.
- Gives you the option to install only quiz themes and languages that interest you.
- Allows the community to create and share quizzes without having to wait for the main addon to be repackaged.
Be aware of fake question lists. List updated 7th December 2017.
- Lorewalkers of Silvermoon (NEW!) - Authors: Cybernoid and co.
- TriviaBot Quiz Timeless Authors: Blizzard / Dridzt for the conversion.
- TriviaBot_QuestionsWoW1 (previously prepackaged as \Questions\TriviaQuestions1.lua) Generic WoW BC/LK era.
- TriviaBot_QuestionsWoW2 (previously prepackaged as \Questions\TriviaQuestions7.lua) Generic WoW Classic era.
- Timeless by Road_Block
- TriviaBot_QuizAnythingHessinger 4897 Generic - non WoW questions (previously \Questions\TriviaQuestions2.lua)
- TriviaBot_QuizDragonSoul1 Authors: Marchello@Aszune / zopa34
- Nerdtastic (Video game questions) Author: Rorrey.
- TriviaBot Boss Strategies Authors: Urkel and Shamanshis - EU-Darksorrow.
- TriviaBot_CataTrivia500 Authors: Etuliela and Indomie, US-Barthilas.
- TriviaBot_CataTrivia501-1000 Authors: Etuliela and Indomie, US-Barthilas.
- Triviabot_CataTrivia1000 Authors: Etuliela and Idomie, US-Barthilas.
- [TriviaBot] WoWQuiz500 Authors: Gholeras & Menesus - Kult der Verdammten EU.
- TriviaBot_RU SpeedGame Authors: Aleksei Sa[i]reS Nedopeka
- TriviaBot_RU QuestionWoW1 Authors: Варивода Regaska Андрей, Киряков Reidor Александр, Лихачёва Romixxa Анастасия
- TriviaBot Warcraft - RU Questions Authors: Fatali, EU-Gordunni (RU)
- TriviaBot_QuestionsFR Authors: Fangska - Archimonde (EU)
You need at least one quiz plugin installed for TriviaBot to be able to host a game.
More will be added as users or the TriviaBot Team creates new quiz plug-ins.
Making your own load on demand Quiz
- A sample addon and basic instructions (README_EN.txt) on how to create your own quiz
can be found in TriviaBot\Questions\ sub-folder coming with TriviaBot v2.8.0 and later.
- TriviaBot_QuestionMaker is still available for helping with the question file.
More details on the QuestionMaker page on how to submit your questions for inclusion to a Quiz Plug-in.
If you create and upload a new Quiz be sure to make a comment or file a ticket
or drop us a PM so the link can be included to the Quiz Addons list on this page.
Version 2.8.4 ruRU 100% done! Thanks Sa1reS
Version 188.8.131.52 deDE 100% done! Thanks Nihlo
Version 184.108.40.206 frFR: 97.1% done! Thanks FelheartCdO
From version 2.7.0 and later there's no longer a need for fans to scour the source files for strings to modify.
If you want to help translate the interface or output to your language
- Visit the Localization page.
- Find your language in the list and click the number of untranslated phrases (eg. ruRU)
- Submit your translated terms and they will be included with the addon in a future minor update.
Due to the complete rework of question format for 2.5.x you can't use old questions from 2.4.x and earlier.