A simple addon to track resources you gather (herbs/mining).
This is my first addon and mainly just for fun, but I found it useful in Classic since a lot of other similar addons didn't work at the start.
I never planned to make this available for Retail, but I'll try and maintain for that too.
- v10.x.x Adds initial Dragonflight Herbs and Ores (from Beta).
- It's .toc is set to Beta (10.0.0.2) as I presume that's what they'll go live with - so for live Retail you'll need to force load it.
- This update adds the WotLK herbs/ores.
- It also extends to track Frozen Herbs hopefully, which was difficult for the way the addon is structured because there is no "item" called Frozen Herb - it's a random herb inside, so what icon do you pick for the map etc? I went with just using the Icethorn icon for Frozen Herbs.. since its frozen... so just be aware as in Dragonblight its really random what you get.
- Similarly that allowed me to sort of track the "replacement" nodes for Titanium as Saronite on the map, since they share the same location so makes more sense to me to mark it as Saronite.
- Frost Lotus is even more complex it seems, which is a "replacement" node for Frozen Herbs (which is random herb), so can't really mark the location as Frost Lotus, so will also just mark it as Icethorn for its frosty-ness.
- It doesn't come with pre-loaded database so it will be empty on first use.
- Initial Minimap icon support implemented, but no directional hints yet.
/tr zonemap (toggles zonemap icons)
/tr minimap (toggles minimap icons)
/tr zonesize n (sets size of zone icons, default is 12)
/tr minisize n (sets size of minimap icons, default is 12)
/tr prof (toggles showing all profession resources, or the default of current professions)
/tr alpha n.n (icon alpha/transparency, from 0.0 to 1.0, default is 0.75)
The minimap work was much harder than expected so this first version is just basic icons which will show when a resource is in range of the minimap window. If I get more free time I also plan to add support for directional hints (icons further away but placed on the edge of the minimap for reference). May be other issues I haven't thought about as well.
Leave a comment if you notice any issues.