TipTac - An Advanced Tooltip Addon
TipTac is a tooltip enchancement addon, it allows you to configure various aspects of the tooltip, such as moving where it's shown, the font, the scale of tips, colored highlights, backgrounds, frames plus a lot more.
To open the options dialog, just use "/tip" or "/tiptac" without any parameters. Use "/tip anchor" (or click the Anchor button in the options window) to show the anchor frame and position it as you want.
I only fixed the addon for classic (and fixed some bug which I dont know if exists in retail) and added a few extra feature that others requested, but I don't plan to develop it further or to add more features if unless they are really needed.
- Shows the buffs and debuffs of the target with cooldown models. Has options to make it only show the ones you cast.
- When in a raid or party, there is an option to show who from the group is targeting the unit.
- Vast anchoring options allows you to change between Normal, Mouse and Parent anchor, this is configurable for both unit and non-unit tips on a frame or non-frames.
- Anchoring frame lets you decide exactly where you want tips with the normal anchoring option.
- Able to change the font face and size for all tips in the User Interface. Uses "LibSharedMedia" if installed.
- Can show a Health, Mana, Energy, Rage or Focus bar inside the tip, which can be enabled or disabled as you prefer.
- Tips are getting updated at a customizable interval to display changes.
- Configurable fading options, both a prefade and fadeout time can be set. They can also be set to zero if you prefer the tips to just hide instantly.
- Allows for you to change the background and border color of the TipTacTip and any of the modified tip.
Special Tip Modification
TipTac does not only configure the tip for units, you can also use TipTac to modify other tips in the WoW Interface. The way they are getting modified are both in scale and appearance. The border and background of the modified tips can be changed to colors of your desire.
Features I changed or added
- - Obviously I removed all retail-related things, or features which try to acquire information that blocked in Classic WoW.
- - Added RealMobHealth support, but Blizzard recently blocked/changed it, I'll see how it goes
- - Added option to put Guildname below or above the level/race/class line (by request)
- - Added more option for displaying PvP rank (Options / General / NameType) to display rank only with number, or to set RankName to gray, to display with number as well and also to make the servername gray, so the playername stands out more (by request)