Spy WotLK scans the combat log for actions performed by enemy players and announces their presence when they are detected. By warning you about nearby enemy players you can prepare for possible PvP combat. If an enemy player is detected Spy will attempt to determine their class, race and level based on the ability that was used. It will then sound an alert and add the enemy player to the Nearby List. Spy can be configured to announce enemy player encounters and share data with other Spy users in your party, raid or guild.
The Spy Window
The Spy window will initially appear under your character portrait, but can be moved by dragging the title bar. The title bar contains the following buttons:
- Stats: Opens the Statistics Window which shows a list of all enemies encountered
- Clear: Manually clears all enemy players that have currently been detected.Holding the Control key down while clicking this button will turn Spy off / on while leaving the window displayed.Holding the Shift key down while clicking this button will turn off / on all audio alerts.
- Left/Right: Used to navigates between the Nearby, Last Hour, Ignore and Kill On Sight lists..
- Close: Hides the Spy window. Spy is configured by default to show itself again when the next enemy player is detected. Alternatively you can type /spy show to manually show the Spy Window.
The Nearby List
As enemy players are detected they will be added to the Nearby list. Hovering over entries in the list will display a tooltip with the enemy player's details, including the last seen time and location. Right-clicking on them will displays a drop down menu which will allow you to:
- Remove the enemy player from the Nearby ist.
- Add/remove the enemy player to/from your Ignore or Kill On Sight list.
- Announce the enemy player's details to a chat channel of your choice.
- Set multiple Kill On Sight reasons, if the player is on your Kill On Sight list.
If enemy players remain undetected they will be removed from the Nearby list after a configurable amount of time. The Nearby list will always sort by the time each enemy player was initially detected, with enemy players who are on the Kill On Sight list or actively performing actions being placed at the top of the list. Spy is configured by default to switch back to the Nearby list when the next enemy player is detected.
The Kill On Sight List
The Kill On Sight list is for enemy players you especially want to know about. When enemy players on your Kill On Sight list are detected a warning will be displayed and an alarm will sound. You can use the drop down menu to add/remove enemy players to/from the Kill On Sight list, or hold the Shift key down while clicking an entry in the list to add/remove enemy players.
The Ignore List
The Ignore list is where you can place enemy players you have deemed harmless. Spy will not generate any alerts for enemy players on your Ignore list. You can use the drop down menu to add/remove enemy players to/from the Ignore list, or hold the Control key down while clicking on an entry in the list to add/remove enemy players.
The Last Hour List
The Last Hour list displays enemy players that have been detected in the last hour. It will always be sorted by the time each enemy player was initially detected, with those most recently detected appearing at the top of the list.
The Statistics Window
The Statistics window contains a list of all enemy encounters. By default it is sorted by the last time an enemy was detected. It can be also sorted by name, level, guild, wins and losses. The Statistics window also provides the capability to search for a specific enemy by name or guild and has filters to show enemies that are marked as Kill on Sight, with a Win/Loss or entered Reasons.
For more information see the tooltips associated with each option in the Interface Addons Spy configuration menu and the README file. To see a list of slash commands type: /spy
Comments and Suggestions
Comments and suggestions are welcome. To report issues or ask for new features, use this site:
Currently enUS, deDE, koKR, ptBR, zhCN and zhTW.
Contact me on this site if you are able to provide translations for other languages.
Created by Immolation from Cho'gall (US).
Updated by Slipjack.