SpellRedux lets you track your debuffs, buffs and DOTs by placing them in a separate movable frame. It is basically a smarter alternative to the default blizzard buff/debuff management, where you can filter and group abilities that are important you.
For DOT-based classes (warlocks, priests), the defining feature of this addon is that it calculates the perfect window of opportunity when you need to re-apply the dot. It takes haste, reaction time, network lag, spell cast time, etc to come up with this time and lets you know. In tests, re-applying the DOT at the right time can significantly increase your overall DPS.
The addon is a work in progress so feel free to donate to encourage new feature development.
- Monitors player (self) buffs and target debuffs (applied by player).
- It calculates a window of opportunity when it is best to re-cast the damage-over-time effect so that you do not lose any DPS.
- Comes with a manager which lets you customize what buffs/debuffs you want to display in your panels. (/spred config)
- Automatically switches tracked DOTs when you switch spec (especially useful for warlocks)
- Displays buff/debuffs in a "smart" color-theme (see pictures).
- Makes abilities on the action bar glow when they need to be cast.
- Small memory footprint
To add or remove buffs/debuffs, go to Interface Options -> AddOns -> SpellRedux or type /spred config.
For more advanced options, such as resetting to default settings or moving the frames, please use /spred
Sample Configuration - Affliction Lock
We'll add all the dots and debuffs one might want to track as well as the Dark Soul buff.
- Go to Interface AddOns -> SpellRedux (Hit the +) -> Target Debuffs or type /spred config
- Without exiting the screen, select a dummy target and cast Unstable Affliction.
- Select the spell from the Active Spell drop down
- Hit Save
You now have your first spell set up! Let's go ahead and set up the rest. Repeat the same steps for Agony and Corruption.
- Type 'Haunt' in the Spell Name or without exiting the screen, select a dummy target and cast Haunt.
- Select Haunt spell from the Active Spell drop down if you chose to cast.
- Set Spell Type to debuff
- Set Applied By to Haunt
- Check 'Spell is a Projectile'
- Hit Save
Let's do the buffs now. We want to know when Dark Soul: Misery is on and when it drops off to maximize dps during that time.
- Go to Interface AddOns -> SpellRedux (Hit the +) -> Player Buffs or type /spred config
- Without exiting the screen, cast Dark Soul: Misery
- Select it from the Active Spell drop-down
- Select 'Disable Ability Glow' to prevent it from glowing every time you enter combat (or not, this is your setting after all!)
- Hit Save
You can use this same method to set up trinket effects too. Just use your trinket and the buff should show up under the Active Spells drop-down. Knowing when a trinket or enchantment has been triggered is important so you can maximize DPS at that point.
Finally, adjust the locations of the bars.
- Exit all settings screens (make sure you've saved your settings)
- Type /spred unlock in console
- Move the bars to the locations you want them to be
- Type /spred lock to finalize and save the positioning.
The end result:
You'll also notice that when our dots are missing, the abilities are glowing indicating you should recast them.
- Add localization
- Add support for HOTs
- Add support to monitor all debuffs and buffs (player and target)
Bug reports, suggestions for new features and improvements. Create a ticket on wow.curseforge.com