Spam Message Board
Spam Message Board - A Chat Spam Manager for Classic (and TBC) WoW
Why Spam Message Board?
Are you tired of global channels like "LookingForGroup" being overrun by bots and boosting services?! Do you wish you could see only see "BRD" spam messages? You're in luck! This add-on was aimed at clearing the noise like that so you can find what you really are interested in, like typing "LF" in the filter for and "wts,song" in the exclusions to only see appropriate spam:
You can further refine down with something like this:
Also, by simply SHIFT+LEFT CLICK on any spam message on the board, and that player will no longer show up on the board -- great for squelching the bots without filling your ignore! With just a few shift+clicks and those pesky bots will be gone!
(The "soft-mute" list gets reset when you reopen or relog, so you can freely mute anything you are not interested at the moment but might be later!)
Pro-tip: Create a new chat window that holds all your global channels, then bury it behind the other chat windows so you don't have to look at it. Spam Message Board will still monitor them and display a much more organized view.
So, What Is It?
This chat addon supplements/replaces the need to watch various global channels (the left view above) for spamming for messages you are interested in by organizing them in a cleaner message board (the right view above). As it organizes them, it also lets you filter on a key word, quickly respond, and mute specific spammers so they don't clutter what you really want to find. This addon is, in general, intended to make it easier to find global spam messages you are actually interested such as "LFM" dungeon spam or "WTS" trade offerings.
Additionally, it provides a lightweight ability to generate your own "LFM" style raid/dungeon messages, making it easier to update the message based on a template, though this is considered a secondary feature of this addon.
List of Features
Here's a full list of what this addon can do:
- Listens to all incoming chat sources and adds to the message board if it was repeated at least 3 times, or if it either contains key words (such as "LFG", "LFM" and "WTS") or your "Filter For" text
- Changing the "Filter For" text happens live, so you can change your search without missing messages
- Displays time since last time that message was spam, and removes automatically after 1 minute
- Filter by keyword (such as "UBRS" or "ZF" will only display messages that contain those key words)
- Exclude messages with keywords (such as "WTS" or "WTB" messages)
- Filter and Exclude text are comma-delimited, so you can refine to what you want (ie, filter for "brd,scholo" or exclude "wts,wtb")
- Left-Clicking on an entry will automatically start a whisper to that person for quick responses
- Shift Left-Clicking on an entry will mute that person from showing up on the message board during your current session (perfect for soft-ignoring boosters and other spammers!)
- Right-clicking on an entry will perform a "/who" on that player for quick identification
- Shift+Right clicking will /invite that player to your group
- Provides a lightweight spam message building template
List of Slash Commands
This add-on implements the following commands:
/smb - Displays slash command list
/smb show - Resets and displays add-on
/smb unmuteall - Clear list of soft-muted players