ShortMacros is an addon that provides a couple of shorthand slash commands in order to reduce macro size, given the limit of 255 characters per macro.
Currently only four commands are implemented, but I will add more if I can think of them (or if they are suggested through the comments).
- Disable errors/sound: /de, /disable_errors
- Enable errors/sound: /ee, /enable_errors
- Set raid target on current target: /rtt #, where # is:
- 0-8: this will either set the raid target icon (1-8), or clear the current icon (0)
- clear, star, circle, diamond, triangle, moon, square, cross, skull: this will set the specified icon, or clear it
- Set raid target on current mouseover target: /rtm #, where # is the same as for the /rtt command
As an example, the following macro (which attempts to cast Rune Strike whenever Frost Strike is used - Rune Strike is a reactive ability only available after parry/dodge and as such might give an error), which is 143 characters:
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide() /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /cast Rune Strike /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 /script UIErrorsFrame:Show() /cast Frost Strike
Can be shortened to:
/de /cast Rune Strike /ee /cast Frost Strike
Which is 41 characters, thus saving 102 characters which can be used for other commands; not to mention these commands are easier to remember than the /script commands ;) More examples can easily be thought of.
Comments, feedback and suggestions are appreciated. If you have any requests for other commands to be added, feel free to write ;)